Clearing Recently Purchased Land

/ Clearing Recently Purchased Land #21  
Great pictures and good job on all the clearing.

/ Clearing Recently Purchased Land
Thanks again for all of the comments. I've enjoyed my time on our new land.
I was able to use a mini excavator for a few hours on Sunday. My brother had it rented for the weekend and had done all he needed, so he offered it to me!

I dug up several stumps and dug around a big tree that was already dead. I ran out of daylight but I think I dug it out enough that a tractor can push it over. The tree is right where I want the driveway to run so the stump and all needs to go.

Terex TC29, 23HP, 6,500 lbs

null_zps9cd209a8.jpg

null_zps2ff0c3f4.jpg

Filling it with diesel (big tree near it):
null_zpsb5e1b97c.jpg

Quitting time:
null_zps20cf54cb.jpg

Thanks again for all of the comments. I've enjoyed my time on our new land.
I was able to use a mini excavator for a few hours on Sunday. My brother had it rented for the weekend and had done all he needed, so he offered it to me!

I dug up several stumps and dug around a big tree that was already dead. I ran out of daylight but I think I dug it out enough that a tractor can push it over. The tree is right where I want the driveway to run so the stump and all needs to go.

Terex TC29, 23HP, 6,500 lbs

null_zps9cd209a8.jpg

null_zps2ff0c3f4.jpg

Filling it with diesel (big tree near it):
null_zpsb5e1b97c.jpg

Quitting time:
null_zps20cf54cb.jpg

/ Clearing Recently Purchased Land #24  
Those look like they do pretty well. I've never used one but they look like they do alright for what they are.

/ Clearing Recently Purchased Land #25  
Thanks again for all of the comments. I've enjoyed my time on our new land. I was able to use a mini excavator for a few hours on Sunday. My brother had it rented for the weekend and had done all he needed, so he offered it to me! I dug up several stumps and dug around a big tree that was already dead. I ran out of daylight but I think I dug it out enough that a tractor can push it over. The tree is right where I want the driveway to run so the stump and all needs to go. Terex TC29, 23HP, 6,500 lbs Filling it with diesel (big tree near it): Quitting time:

You should be very carefully digging around roots of a standing dead tree. You could de-stabilize it and it could come down on you.

Correct rlgustafson.

My plan is to use a long chain and come-along to apply tension in one direction and then use a large (60HP 3,00lb) tractor with FEL to push on it. Hopefully I've dug enough roots that the tractor can push it on over.

If that doesn't work I will take it out when I rent a larger track-hoe excavator (15,000 lb range) or dozer (D4 or D5 size).

It is currently right where I want the driveway so I wanted it gone yesterday! :)

/ Clearing Recently Purchased Land #27  
Correct rlgustafson.

My plan is to use a long chain and come-along to apply tension in one direction and then use a large (60HP 3,00lb) tractor with FEL to push on it. Hopefully I've dug enough roots that the tractor can push it on over.

If that doesn't work I will take it out when I rent a larger track-hoe excavator (15,000 lb range) or dozer (D4 or D5 size).

Whatever you use, watch out for the top of that dead tree.

It is currently right where I want the driveway so I wanted it gone yesterday! :)

Watch out for the limbs in the top of that dead tree.

I will be very careful around that dead tree, believe me!

I decided to burn off my brush piles now that they have had a chance to dry out. I took a time lapse video of one pile. The camera fell over shortly after it got going so there is a gap in the video, it appears the fire goes instantly from small to huge. I then used my tractor and brush forks to "feed" the fire with cedar trees. Way too much fun! Here it is:

First pile (this had more small oaks in it):

Here is the last pic of the night:

I went out to the land today and there was a backhoe parked on the road in. No one was around, but it was lunch time. I decided that I would just cut the stump out that I had been working on. I got a big chunk cut out and then a truck came down the road to turn around in our drive. It was the backhoe operator! I kindly asked him if he could dig the stump out for me and he said he would as soon as he was done with his job next door. True to his word, he showed up about an hour later and had it dug out in about 5 minutes!

After filling in the hole with the BX: