climbing saw

/ climbing saw #21  
I own a ms193t since 2015. I'm a wood burning home owner that climbs trees. I break it out every so often still even though I dont climb much any more. I did limb and lower a 40in white pine with it 3yrs ago.

I have never even opened up the carb on this saw. Been through prob 5 chains and 1 bar.

I didnt buy used because all the decent looking Stihl saws where only going to save me $100. Everything else was beat to ****..and most beat to ****.

/ climbing saw
Whats the difference between 193C & 194C?

/ climbing saw #23  
I have an Echo CS 271T top handle saw, homeowner level unit. Have been beating on it for the last couple of years and so far it works good and no issues. Use it for climbing, de-limbing and brush clearing. Seems to be pretty decent saw for the price.

/ climbing saw #24  
Lookin at used Stihls.
There is a trusted seller in my chainsaw repair group fb that just listed a 201T for 400 shipped. If interested shoot me a email or etc and I will send info to him. He is in IL.
He has a video of it running etc there. That way you can talk with him.

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 18-30-18 Facebook.png

/ climbing saw #25  
Find an Echo 2511T, awesome little saw, lightest in its clase and handles great. Only negative was the bar/ chain it comes with. 3/8" pitch is too much for it. I swapped to a Stihl 1/4" picco bar/ chain and its much better.

saw.jpg

/ climbing saw #26  
Man I priced a new 194 and thought it was too expensive!
Most of the used ones do look abused.

One thing about a climber is you know it’s been dropped more than a few times from way up high.
I received a MS194T for my birtday. List price was $440 + TTL. I've learned that I wouldn't give a wooden nickle for another one. It takes a gorilla arm to crank it, and it cuts no better than my Husqvarna 435T pruning saw that cost ~$300.
From what I read, Echo seems to be the way to go.

/ climbing saw #27  
I received a MS194T for my birtday. List price was $440 + TTL. I've learned that I wouldn't give a wooden nickle for another one. It takes a gorilla arm to crank it, and it cuts no better than my Husqvarna 435T pruning saw that cost ~$300.
From what I read, Echo seems to be the way to go.

I was set on the 194 myself but the ergonomics weren't great and it was heavy for its size. I was able to handle both the 194t and the Echo 2511t side by side and it was an easy decision from there.

/ climbing saw #28  
Stihl 038 Magnum II. Heavier than a new Stihl but if you can find one in good condition you’ll start smiling when you’re cutting a lot of wood. I’ve had 025s, 026s, 271s and a whole bunch of others but when I found this 038 Magnum II on eBay and talked to the owner I coughed it up. I thought I must be nuts paying 350 for an old chain saw. Took it into my favorite shop to get the chain tensioner part that it needed and the parts manager laughed and said “we all own that baby and no one will ever sell theirs”
I’m saying the same thing after 3 years use.
IMG_7456.JPG

/ climbing saw #29  
Stihl 038 Magnum II. Heavier than a new Stihl but if you can find one in good condition you’ll start smiling when you’re cutting a lot of wood. I’ve had 025s, 026s, 271s and a whole bunch of others but when I found this 038 Magnum II on eBay and talked to the owner I coughed it up. I thought I must be nuts paying 350 for an old chain saw. Took it into my favorite shop to get the chain tensioner part that it needed and the parts manager laughed and said “we all own that baby and no one will ever sell theirs”
I’m saying the same thing after 3 years use.View attachment 865198

That's not a top handle climbing saw