Clutch adjustment

/ Clutch adjustment #1  

RADIATION

Tractor
Kioti LK3054
I have an LK3054. I have the field service manual which was posted here. It however is for the LK30. Most everything seems similar in it compared to the tractor although I have found some differences. Without knowing the history of changes/packages/whatever that kioti has done I don't want to make a change without verifying on here.

ISSUE.

When using the post auger, depressing the clutch to any position doesn't disengage PTO. Unless throttle is in lowest setting PTO grinds slightly when engaged.

Looked in FSM and found clutch peddle and plate adjustment procedures. Although the black and white picture doesn't entirely match what I see.

Side note, there is engine oil in the clutch area? Bad rear seal? Or kinda normal? Tractor has 740hrs but experienced a stuck thermostat and fried head gasket before I bought it and fixed the head.

If the small bolt and lock nut inside is what I'm supposed to adjust, which way? Has anyone else done this?

Attachments

• 20220731_114153.jpg
    20220731_114153.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 129
   / Clutch adjustment #2  
did you get tis resolved? When i have the PTO engaged on my LK3054 it won't stop turning either when i push the clutch in. I'm pretty sure it is supposed to stop turning and it has something to do with the clutch adjustment Radiation provided in his post. I would think somebody has done this procedure.

/ Clutch adjustment #3  
Did you have an implement attached when you say that the pto doesn’t stop turning? Also how long has it been since you actually used/operated any thing on the pto? Sometimes the clutch plates are stuck together from sitting…

/ Clutch adjustment
No, I haven't gotten this fixed it. I used implements regularly so idk if it would be stuck.

I found this video, looks similar to the kioti clutch

I'm going to try that. There are 3 adjustment bolts but I'm not sure if our spec is the 10mm he cites in the video.

/ Clutch adjustment #5  
I had oil in my bellhousing also, looked like engine oil, but turned out to be hydraulic fluid, when I split the tractor. Replaced the input shaft seal and all was happy. Don't have any pointers for the clutch adjustment unfortunately.

/ Clutch adjustment #6  
Was this issue ever resolved? I have a LK3054 and the PTO does not stop when I push the clutch pedal all the way in. I think the transmission clutch needs adjustment as well. The tractor operates downhill just fine, but as soon as you start any type of incline it slows down to a stop. Have to take it out of the high gear and select the low gearing before it will slowly crawl up an incline.

/ Clutch adjustment #7  
Sounds normal to me, but you’re leaving out lotsa details. It’s normal to use a lower gear on an incline 🤷 Do you have an implement hooked up when you say the pto doesn’t stop? It’s normal to see the pto shaft spinning without anything hooked up to it…in or out of gear.

/ Clutch adjustment
I never fixed mine, I tried getting at it with a wrench. Ended up bending several wrenches with heat to try to make a tool. Everytime i could only get an ⅛ a turn. Then I realized that I 2 other bolts to go. And i can't figure out how to get a feeler gauge in there to check. So I said to **** with it. Also when i bought my tractor with 540hrs the pto never turned in neutral. Now with 750hrs it spins constantly. Ensuring it's not in 540 or 1k you can stop it with your foot. Not sure what that's about, dirty fluid, out of adjustment, idk.

It works, and I'm broke so I'll just run it.

/ Clutch adjustment #9  
Sounds normal to me, but you’re leaving out lotsa details. It’s normal to use a lower gear on an incline 🤷 Do you have an implement hooked up when you say the pto doesn’t stop? It’s normal to see the pto shaft spinning without anything hooked up to it…in or out of gear.

Sorry I wasn't clear. The tractor will move forward downhill or on a flat surface in high or low gear. when using high gear, as soon as you begin ANY degree of an incline the tractor slowly rolls to a stop and won't move forward. You can increase throttle and no response. I have to shift it into the low range and after a few seconds the tractor will SLOWLY begin to creep forward. Even in the lower range of gears the tractor is sluggish on any incline, but it still moves forward. Yes, I do have an implement attached and the PTO continues to spin when the clutch is pushed in all the way. The PTO speed does not change with the clutch pushed all the way in like it should. Because of these two issues, i really believe they are related to the dual clutch setup needing to be adjusted.
I never fixed mine, I tried getting at it with a wrench. Ended up bending several wrenches with heat to try to make a tool. Everytime i could only get an ⅛ a turn. Then I realized that I 2 other bolts to go. And i can't figure out how to get a feeler gauge in there to check. So I said to **** with it. Also when i bought my tractor with 540hrs the pto never turned in neutral. Now with 750hrs it spins constantly. Ensuring it's not in 540 or 1k you can stop it with your foot. Not sure what that's about, dirty fluid, out of adjustment, idk.

It works, and I'm broke so I'll just run it.

I took the two inspection plates off the right side (when seated behind the wheel) my tractor last night to see how difficult this adjustment is. One of the plates is probably 3x3. The second plate was a few inches forward of the 1st plate and only creates an opening of 1.5". I could get a wrench in the larger opening and spun the pressure plate with a pry bar. Based on the manual, I could see the clutch adjustment bolt head/screw, but the locking nut is not accessible through the second and smaller inspection hole. Is there another inspection plate i need to remove to make this clutch adjustment? Based on what i was looking at last night, the clearance between the traveling pressure plate and the bottom of the bolt head was 1/8 or .25". The manual indicates the gap should be no more than .039 in.

/ Clutch adjustment #10  
Based on the above info, clutch adjustment looks like a good place to start…