Clutch life?

/ Clutch life? #1  

gerard

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L2500DT w/FEL
Have a kubota L2500 gear tractor, purchased new in 2000. I know this is a little like asking how many miles you can get out of a set of tires, but I was wondering how long I can expect to getout of the clutch assuming normal use. Normal use being about 25% dirt/loader work, the remainder bushhogging, snowblowing/plowing, and arena dragging. I have about 1100 hours now. Any experience or guestimates of a range?

/ Clutch life? #2  
No telling, we have tractors over forty years old with the original clutch.

/ Clutch life? #3  
When selling my L3650 the dealer estimated a clutch on a FEL tractor would last 1500 to 2000 hrs.

/ Clutch life? #4  
I have well over 1600 hours on my clutch and its never needed its first adjustment yet. (the freeplay is still about where it was when the tractor was new)
I expect to get several thousand hours or more easily out of my clutch.

It also has a lot to do with the operarator.
I've seen guys that can make a clutch last forever, I've also seen a few that could burn up a clutch in no time.

/ Clutch life? #5  
depends a lot on the operator------------usually a long time-

/ Clutch life? #6  
If you have the urge to "ride the clutch" then your probably in a gear that's too high for the task.

/ Clutch life? #7  
My old 2600 is just about ready for a PTO clutch at 2000 hours. Of course, it will get both clutches changed when it happens. Even though the drive clutch has never slipped, I won't put it back together without changing them both.

/ Clutch life? #8  
I've seen people ride them out in less then 500 hours! I've also seen them go 7,000 hours and more.
I do like the one post where the dealer stated the 2,000 to 3,000 hours for the noted uses of a loader. That is a good number for an average and one that fits with what we see in the shop.
Not only is clutch life different for owners, it makes a differenc on the whole machine!

/ Clutch life? #9  
The one and only clutch failure I've had experience with was right at 3600 hours, and that was on a rental that had been beaten to an inch of it's life. If I recall it was a 30 something HP Kubota.

/ Clutch life?
Thanks for the replies, gave me some good "rules of thumb" which was exactly what I was looking for. I should be good for awhile longer yet me thinks.