Cold Tractor

/ Cold Tractor #11  
Greg - Glad you got it going! As for the diesel in the face, to prove I've "been there, done that", I flinched when I read your account and my eyes started burning. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

MarkC
ChalkleySig2.gif

/ Cold Tractor #12  
I use a diesel fuel anti-gel additive in my TC40D Boomer and in my Dodge Cummins powered pickup and it makes a big difference when it gets really cold, with one of the benefits being less smoke at start up. I hope you have a block heater! I have them on my Boomer and my truck and it makes a big difference. Drain water out of your fuel filter and keep your fuel tank full at all times so that condensation doesn't form and add a lot of water to your diesel fuel. Good luck! Sam

"I love the smell of diesel in the morning."
Cummins powered 24V Dodge Rams rule!

/ Cold Tractor
It started again today!! Went out and plowed snow again. It took a while to get it cranked up, as we've had 30 to 50 below wind chill here in eastern Iowa over the past few days. We got about 5 more inches of the white stuff to play in. It appears as though this will be a record December for snow, so now I'm having fun!!

/ Cold Tractor #14  
Greg,
If you have a engine heater I would plug it in during those cold temps,for its much easier on the tractor when starting.

Bundle up but don't stay out there to long do to frost bit. frown]

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Cold Tractor
Diesel pumps can have two different sized nozzles on them. There is the one that is the same size as a normal car pump, and then there is a high flow nozzle designed for truckers and such. It has a bigger tube/nozzle in it and BOY DOES IT FLOW A BUNCH FASTER. Just the thing when you want to take on 80 gallons. Sounds like you got ahold of the big one by accident and that is why it wouldn't fit in your can. The increased flow rate probably didn't help here either... (smiley)

The diesel pumps over on the car side are the low flow ones like we are used to.

/ Cold Tractor
sounds like you need to bleed the injectors. you probably have air in the lines.