Colorado wolf reintroduction

/ Colorado wolf reintroduction #1  

Rockbadchild

Veteran Member
Tractor
2076E Massey Ferguson
Without turning this political who is from Colorado and how do you feel about this ?

I already know how the majority on this site will feel since most of us live in rural communities, but perhaps this tread will educate folks on both side. I know how I feel about it being from Northern Ontario and dealing with the negative impact wolfs have on live stock owners, pet owners, hunters, wildlife and the outdoor enthusiasts. This also hit close to home since this year Canada is trying to pass a bill to protect the wolf from coast to coast, I don't necessarily have a problem with wolves in general but to unconditionally protect them is a very bad idea on multiple fronts. Folks often compare this to Yellowstone and most of the information they have comes from the documentary which is not all true but it is different as there is no hunting within the park compare to Colorado or even Canada.

All 10 gray wolves from Oregon now reside on Colorado's Western Slope, 2023 reintroduction phase complete

/ Colorado wolf reintroduction #2  
I've been told that wolves have come back into our area. I've not seen any or any signs. They will simply have to fit in with all the other carnivores. And - brother - we have our share.

I know my rancher neighbor on my southern boundary has had negative impacts with the coyotes. Wolves will not make him any happier.

/ Colorado wolf reintroduction
I've been told that wolves have come back into our area. I've not seen any or any signs. They will simply have to fit in with all the other carnivores. And - brother - we have our share.

I know my rancher neighbor on my southern boundary has had negative impacts with the coyotes. Wolves will not make him any happier.
You are pretty close to the Canadian border so that would make sense.

That's is one benefit about having wolves around (i don't know if there is more then one) the wolf hunt/kill coyotes but the issue is they don't have the same habitat as coyotes will live close to humans infiltrate city's and have a way smaller territory.

/ Colorado wolf reintroduction #4  

No Problem if the ranchers get wiped out. We can just eat “lab meat” and be happy to have wolves back!
:LOL:

Last edited:
   / Colorado wolf reintroduction #5  
I have a big issue with wolves on the ESA... also any other animal which isn't actually endangered. There is a faction of people who want to bring them to Maine, and say too bad for those of us who will be affected.

I have a big issue with wolves on the ESA... also any other animal which isn't actually endangered. There is a faction of people who want to bring them to Maine, and say too bad for those of us who will be affected.
That's one of the biggest problem I have with it as well, the second part I have a problem with is people who vote in favor of it that will never be affected by it.

/ Colorado wolf reintroduction #7  
They will show up sooner or later, since hunting pressure is down. We don't have wolves in MO just 100 pound coyotes per MDC.
104 pound coyote shot in Missouri !!
Then a few months later
104-Pound Missouri 'Coyote' Determined To Be A Wolf

Now 10 years ago we had no bears in the state (yeah right)... yet now we have a hunting season for black bear. DNA testing confirmed we have a native population that been here the whole time. Surprise......
We also do not have Mountain Lions but those long tail bobcats show up all the time. I've had my sightings and tracks
There are several other species residing here that per MDC do not exist here.... Whatever....

/ Colorado wolf reintroduction #8  
They released them less than 10 miles from me. Wolves had already killed 20 cattle, 4 sheep and 4 working dogs within a 30 mile radius of me BEFORE they were released.

It has killed the relationship between ranchers and wildlife officers. I for one would not allow a wildlife officer on my property for any reason now and would treat them as a trespasser and press charges to the fullest extend of the law if they come on my property.

They barely did their job before enforcing property line with hunters and trespassing, now they serve no purpose at all in Colorado except the zoo keepers for the governor…

Good read…

What stink about these new wolves is they are wearing tracking collars... which make it very hard to take action in your own hands...

/ Colorado wolf reintroduction #10  
We have had wolves in Arizona and New Mexico for a couple of decades now. It’s been a mixed bag. Livestock kill hasn’t been as common as ranchers have feared, but it does happen. There have been individuals shot and killed, both legally and illegally because of calf kills. For the most part we don’t hear much about them. Since they are in New Mexico, I have no doubt that they will travel to Colorado soon.