Colorado wolf reintroduction

/ Colorado wolf reintroduction #21  
I agree with that and it will certainly happen, they will stop hunting so the population recover, the wolves will die and moves due to lack of resources, (cause and effect), then the elk population will rebound at that point. It will take a few generation for the population to adapted.
The wolves will hunt people long before they will they die off. This is not reintroduction on an island where they can wipe out the food source. CO is heavily populated. It will be a while but as wolf population explodes they will expand territory.

People have no idea what they are in for with wolves. If a hunter simply walked around and shot elk and left them, they would be arrested. Wolves often kill for fun. It is something I heard recently that 170 people die daily from fentanyl. That is like a commercial jet crashing everyday. Can you imagine the outrage that would cause if we accepted a plane crash everyday. Same thing here, imagine if a hunter just shot a dozen elk in the gut and walked away…

/ Colorado wolf reintroduction
The wolves will hunt people long before they will they die off. This is not reintroduction on an island where they can wipe out the food source. CO is heavily populated. It will be a while but as wolf population explodes they will expand territory.

People have no idea what they are in for with wolves. If a hunter simply walked around and shot elk and left them, they would be arrested. Wolves often kill for fun. It is something I heard recently that 170 people die daily from fentanyl. That is like a commercial jet crashing everyday. Can you imagine the outrage that would cause if we accepted a plane crash everyday. Same thing here, imagine if a hunter just shot a dozen elk in the gut and walked away…
I was just in the process of going that way ... One thing I hate and afraid of is in the event the wolves doesn't see the humans as a apex predator, and that will happen without hunting or trapping... Some might think it's a fairy tail but it is fairly common in Europe perhaps for these reason. Even in Canada and Alaska there is accounts of wolves attack on humans often they say the wolfs has rabies but not always. People always say wolf are dead scared of humans and that's true because of trapping and hunting but despite that they are deceiving trappers see it all the time how much they are, when caught in a trap they will act armless just to attacks, they will give themself some slack and bounce towards you once they think you are within reach, I was very clearly worn during my trapping course. Turn your back on a wolf and you will see how scared of you they are. I know multiple people who work in the bush who had to back themselves up on a tree while a wolf pack circle around them, the longest 15 minute of my life one guy told me.

/ Colorado wolf reintroduction #23  
I was just in the process of going that way ... One thing I hate and afraid of is in the event the wolves doesn't see the humans as a apex predator, and that will happen without hunting or trapping... Some might think it's a fairy tail but it is fairly common in Europe perhaps for these reason. Even in Canada and Alaska there is accounts of wolves attack on humans often they say the wolfs has rabies but not always. People always say wolf are dead scared of humans and that's true because of trapping and hunting but despite that they are deceiving trappers see it all the time how much they are, when caught in a trap they will act armless just to attacks, they will give themself some slack and bounce towards you once they think you are within reach, I was very clearly worn during my trapping course. Turn your back on a wolf and you will see how scared of you they are. I know multiple people who work in the bush who had to back themselves up on a tree while a wolf pack circle around them, the longest 15 minute of my life one guy told me.
This won’t happen for a while since there is so much other food for them. But wolves are not conservationists. They won’t think “I better not kill 20 deer today, since I won’t have any food after that”.

Also if hunting and trapping was effective in controlling wolf numbers, then WY, MT and ID packs would be in check. But they aren’t. There was a reason those states would not sell wolves to CO. And the stupidity of CO is evident by the purchase of wolves from a pack scheduled for euthanizing in OR.

/ Colorado wolf reintroduction
This won’t happen for a while since there is so much other food for them. But wolves are not conservationists. They won’t think “I better not kill 20 deer today, since I won’t have any food after that”.

Also if hunting and trapping was effective in controlling wolf numbers, then WY, MT and ID packs would be in check. But they aren’t. There was a reason those states would not sell wolves to CO. And the stupidity of CO is evident by the purchase of wolves from a pack scheduled for euthanizing in OR.
Trapping and hunting a wolf is very difficult and is as effective as the effort put in to do so. They are very smart and have such a big territory you only have a shot per year at it, and once you get one the rest of the pack is almost impossible to get.

/ Colorado wolf reintroduction #25  
The release of wolves in Colorado is simply the next step of the governor and his animal activist husband’s war on agriculture and hunting in the state.

But it doesn’t matter now. There is now nothing that can be done. Wolves are here and there is nothing capable of stopping the explosion of the population. The is so much food for them. None of the deer, elk, antelope or cattle are used to the pressure, hunting and slaughter that the wolves are going to bring.

Luckily I’m old enough I won’t have to watch for long.
Wolf programs are managed by US Fish and Wildlife Service, not state government.

/ Colorado wolf reintroduction #26  
Wolf programs are managed by US Fish and Wildlife Service, not state government.
Sorry not in this case. This was state all the way. They had to release them on state land etc. The reintroduction of wolves to a national park is federal. This was state, on the state ballot, state tax money.

/ Colorado wolf reintroduction #27  
It's a no win for either said when man sticks it's noise where it doesn't belong...let mother nature take it's coarse.

/ Colorado wolf reintroduction #28  
Is this what our kids will find in the forest when they are wandering a little to far from home?

1705192486418.png

1705192617937.png

1705192655342.png

A greyscale closeup shot of an angry wolf with a blurred background Stock Photo

alpha grey wolf snarling close-up​

alpha grey wolf snarling close-up Stock Photo

/ Colorado wolf reintroduction #29  
If some have their way. Personally, I like being the alpha species.