Colorado wolf reintroduction

/ Colorado wolf reintroduction #31  
Sorry not in this case. This was state all the way. They had to release them on state land etc. The reintroduction of wolves to a national park is federal. This was state, on the state ballot, state tax money.
They were released on National Forest lands in Arizona and New Mexico 20 plus years ago by USFWS. There has been a few calf killer wolves and these habitual livestock killers were shot. For the most part, they are subsisting on elk and deer. And there are still too many elk. Early on, there was a lot of public outcry about threats to humans, but so far that hasn’t been the case and there isn’t much news about them anymore. I didn’t think it was a good idea in the 1990s when they were re-introduced to the area, but I’m now indifferent because the wolves seem to be elusive and avoid confrontation and areas of heavy human activity. The agreement when they were released was that habitual calf killers would be shot, and this has been the case. There was one instance about a decade ago of a wolf kill of two dogs in Arizona. I work in the woods often and in all these years, I have sighted 2 wolves on one occasion. They took off running when I stopped the truck and got out to look at them. Regardless of what Colorado does, they will have wolves in the future because they are in northern New Mexico now. I’m not a wolf fan boy, just don’t think about them much because their presence in our area has been rather uneventful.

Last edited:
   / Colorado wolf reintroduction #32  
They were released on National Forest lands in Arizona and New Mexico 20 plus years ago by USFWS. There has been a few calf killer wolves and these habitual livestock killers were shot. For the most part, they are subsisting on elk and deer. And there are still too many elk. Early on, there was a lot of public outcry about threats to humans, but so far that hasn’t been the case and there isn’t much news about them anymore. I didn’t think it was a good idea in the 1990s when they were re-introduced to the area, but I’m now indifferent because the wolves seem to be elusive and avoid confrontation and areas of heavy human activity. The agreement when they were released was that habitual calf killers would be shot, and this has been the case. There was one instance about a decade ago of a wolf kill of two dogs in Arizona. I work in the woods often and in all these years, I have sighted 2 wolves on one occasion. They took off running when I stopped the truck and got out to look at them. Regardless of what Colorado does, they will have wolves in the future because they are in northern New Mexico now. I’m not a wolf fan boy, just don’t think about them much because their presence in our area has been rather uneventful.
We already had them before the release. CPW couldn’t manage those, now we’ll have dozens more. In my area there was already many depredated livestock by wolves. But they released 10 more 10 miles from me. Colorado is heavily populated and the released wolves have a Facebook page with all the pictures and sightings. Hard to be elusive in this state.

Ranchers here are already stretched to their limit. I don’t see ranching lasting long in CO.

/ Colorado wolf reintroduction #33  
We already had them before the release. CPW couldn’t manage those, now we’ll have dozens more. In my area there was already many depredated livestock by wolves. But they released 10 more 10 miles from me. Colorado is heavily populated and the released wolves have a Facebook page with all the pictures and sightings. Hard to be elusive in this state.

Ranchers here are already stretched to their limit. I don’t see ranching lasting long in CO.
Ranching is being legislated out of existence from several different angles.
Wolves are another small bite off the Ranchers profit margin.

/ Colorado wolf reintroduction #34  
Ranching is being legislated out of existence from several different angles.
Wolves are another small bite off the Ranchers profit margin.
It is crazy how easy it is for government to legislate. The Colorado Pause act tried to make it an illegal sex act to geld horses or castrate or AI cattle. So as you can guess, no more veterinarians in Colorado, since they would be convicted and have to be registered sex offenders.

The governor declared an official day as “meat out” where people are not supposed to eat meat.

Agriculture is the number 1 source of revenue for the state of Colorado.

But if that life is important to you, don’t move here. It will be gone soon.

/ Colorado wolf reintroduction #35  

In AZ and NM ranchers lose more calves to lions and bears than wolves, but they are definitely another factor. Still ranchers here are more concerned with elk depredation on their hay meadows than other wildlife issues. Our Game and Fish Departments are always issuing depredation elk hunting permits.

/ Colorado wolf reintroduction #36  
It is crazy how easy it is for government to legislate. The Colorado Pause act tried to make it an illegal sex act to geld horses or castrate or AI cattle. So as you can guess, no more veterinarians in Colorado, since they would be convicted and have to be registered sex offenders.

The governor declared an official day as “meat out” where people are not supposed to eat meat.

Let me get this straight, in Colorado you have to leave a colt a stud? and not allowed to artificial inseminate cows?

/ Colorado wolf reintroduction

what for real ? sso you are telling me, doctor can do it to teenagers but a vet cant do it to animals ???

/ Colorado wolf reintroduction #39  
Let me get this straight, in Colorado you have to leave a colt a stud? and not allowed to artificial inseminate cows?
Almost made the ballot in 2022, it was unbelievable when the same Supreme Court that is trying to disrupt a popular vote in the country, barred it from the ballot in the last minute.

/ Colorado wolf reintroduction #40  
what for real ? sso you are telling me, doctor can do it to teenagers but a vet cant do it to animals ???
From the statue:
If passed by Colorado voters in 2022, the initiative would have:

• Required that criminal animal cruelty charges be filed against veterinarians for performing common veterinary medical surgeries
  • Made spaying and neutering animals a criminal offense, thereby increasing animal suffering, pet overpopulation, and spreading of disease
  • Criminalized safe and common artificial insemination of dogs, horses, and livestock as “sexual act with an animal” or **********.