Comfort Gurad cab changes

/ Comfort Gurad cab changes #1  

KennedyDiesel

Veteran Member
I saw a cab model 3720 this weekend and it looks like they changed the loader controls. It looked like more of a modern electric joysick like you'd find in a skid loader. I'm sure it's just wishful thinking, but could this be a smart electronic unit versus the cable style the earlier cabs had?

/ Comfort Gurad cab changes #2  
We have a brand new 2011 4520 cab. The new joystick is for the 3rd Electrohydraulic SCV that runs the hydraulics with a toggle push button on the loader joystick right where your thumb rests. The loader is still controlled via cable. The EH kit is not too bad to install.

/ Comfort Gurad cab changes
Sounds good thanks.

Watching for Deere to eliminate the cables whether it is the open station joystick or whatever. Also looking for a "long throw" position control for the three point.

I doubt this will ever hapen short of adding a Jodale Perry cab.

I've accepted the fact that having an open station tractor is actually better for me overall anyhow, but a cab would sure be nice some times...

/ Comfort Gurad cab changes #4  
I doubt this will ever hapen short of adding a Jodale Perry cab.

I've accepted the fact that having an open station tractor is actually better for me overall anyhow, but a cab would sure be nice some times...

This time of year... gets a fella thinkin' about that heater switch! :thumbsup:

AKfish

/ Comfort Gurad cab changes #5  
Having moved up for an OS 4120 to a cabbed 4520, the long throw 3 point was sure nice, but you get the hang of it in the cab. The repeatability accuracy seems to be pretty good.

After having a cab, I doubt I would ever go back to an open station unless I really wanted 2 tractors - Nothing wrong with that! :)

This is just my opinion, but if you ever want a cab - Go with the deere factory cab. It has a much nicer fit and finish and would hold its value a lot better than an aftermarket cab. It is easy to tie up a lot of money in the aftermarket when you could of got the factory cab in the first place. :)

/ Comfort Gurad cab changes #6  
Kennedy? Have you ever used the cable controls in a 3020 cab? If so I wonder if the loader joystick lock was set on the wrong setting. My joystick doesn't feel any different than any of my open station cabs I've had. Although you have to have the lock completely open to allow all functions. 7years with my machine, loader controls work perfect still. I'm a very experienced operator, tractors, case backhoes etc. mine feels as good as any of the others.

/ Comfort Gurad cab changes #7  
I sure am warm and dry in the winter, and cool and clean in the blazing summer!