Common sayings that are wrong or butchered

/ Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #81  
"Beyond the Pale. " With out looking it up, I'm almost certain no one knows what the history of this phrase is..... Before looking it up, it would be interesting to hear what this phrase meant to you. :)

/ Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #82  
I'll play - Can you use it in a sentence?

/ Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #83  
aka "Qualudes"... popular in late 70's and early 80's, horrible narcotic. I saw people that I knew become zombies... would pee or crap their pants in the bar and stumble around like nothing happened, absolutely incoherent. I guess they were having "fun" but sure didn't look like it.
About the only thing that I know about them is Karen Quinlan...

whenever I hear the term she's the first thing that I think of.

/ Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #84  
Caramel vs Carmel

There's a topping for ice cream, or a city on the central California coast... I often hear people asking for a city on their ice cream or dessert.

Of course, then there is people who like ice cream for desert, while others like to camp out in the dessert.

/ Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #85  
I have looked at the grocery store a number of time for Mannaise. All I could find is Mayonnaise.

/ Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #87  
Caramel vs Carmel

There's a topping for ice cream, or a city on the central California coast... I often hear people asking for a city on their ice cream or dessert.
Everyone I know pronounces both words the same. Care-uh-mel just sounds pretentious.

/ Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #88  
I was listening to some folks talking and realized how many people confuse or butcher certain sayings. In some cases, I guess it might be regional differences in common sayings.

Here's an example, "Take it for granted" or do you say, "Take it for granite"?

There are a ton of other examples.
Some people say No Holes Barred instead of No Holds Barred.