Compact telehandlers

/ Compact telehandlers #71  
Great Pictures! Thanks Xfaxman!

"It wasn't high centered, the left front and right rear were spinning because it was on three wheels, setting on the axle to frame stop. It needs locking differentials."

I don't think that I've ever run across a tractor or off-road machine that didn't have a locking differential. Is it an option? What do they offer instead?
rScotty

/ Compact telehandlers #72  
Your're welcome.

I don't think that I've ever run across a tractor or off-road machine that didn't have a locking differential. Is it an option? What do they offer instead?

That is the problem, it isn't an off-road machine, it is a scaled down construction telescoping forklift with a SSQA.

They did design the boom to handle ground engaging attachments.

I just use mine as an off-road machine and use the boom to get unstuck. :thumbsup:

The new Toolcat has "Traction Control" that works in low range by applying the brake on the spinning wheel.

/ Compact telehandlers #73  
Well, we might not have helped Armydoc get the right machine. But at least we've sure hashed out that whatever works on your land is the right tool for you.

It keeps coming back to finding the right machine for the land, doesn't it. At our place it's mountains, rocks, streams, and pine trees with almost no dirt. We started with tractors, then added loaders - but ended up with two TLBs instead. (TLB = Tractor/Loader/Backhoes) .... all because a lot of our work is picking up rocks to build rock walls, maintaining the stream, and dealing with trees for the wood stove. A backhoe bucket and thumb combination is just the right tool to grab on to something and lift or move it like a miniature crane. Or push over a tree, or get unstuck. Why two TLBs? Well, back in the woods where no dump truck can ever get to, one backhoe bucket can load the the other TLB's loader bucket - which can then transport the spoils somewhere else and come back for more.
And then there is snow. We don't have any special equipment for moving snow. We just use the loader bucket. It isn't perfect, but it turns out that any 4wd loader+tractor in the 50 hp and up size can move a lot of snow by simply driving forward.
In a pinch I guess either backhoe could dig a hole too....if there was any reason to do so.... :)

Like I said, up here we know nothing about mud. Likewise very little about dirt and crops. I do know that I envy those of you who have enough good rich fertile soil to get stuck in; sure wish we did. Things grow slowly at 7000 ft. We cherish what little ground cover we have, weeds and all. And are always aware that if we spin a tire, that scar will be on the land for years.
Good luck now,
rScotty

/ Compact telehandlers
So I went up to Greenville NC yesterday to see a v519, since they didn't have one available to look at here.

I was very impressed, and think this is what we will be buying. The Bobcat has a little lower flow than some of the other machines I looked at, but actually has slightly higher lift power, and it has a lot of refinements standard (such as boom float, ability to run the engine faster while driving slower to keep power to a rotary cutter to name a few) that other machines you had to add or get a higher trim level.