Compact to utility attachment

/ Compact to utility attachment #1  

Yoint

Tractor
John Deere 5055E
Anybody have any ideas of how to attach a compact tractor attachment to a utility tractor loader?
The pins on the attachment are 3" higher than the holes on the loader.

/ Compact to utility attachment #2  
Does it use this style quick attach?

artillian_quick_attach_pallet_fork_set_john_deere_jdqa.jpg
JD Titan jdmp-dims-1.jpg

/ Compact to utility attachment #3  
If it is not a matching ‘quick attach’ format on both sides (loader, attachment) then it is a ‘pin on’ attachment and none of those pin spacings are really standardized so it would be nearly a miracle if anything even came close to lining up. Pin diameters, width between loader arms, width of said arms (and bucket cyl rod ends), etc. The radius from the loader arm pivot to the bucket cyl rod attachment point can vary but if the loader relies on something about the stock bucket bracketry to prevent it from bending the rods of the bucket cyls during the extension, or simply over-centering the bucket and getting everything stuck, then you may run into bad news just cycling the levers after you get it hooked up.

Basically, pin on loader attachments usually dont swap between different loader models/brands and if you did get one hooked up you need to rotate it through its travel very slowly, preferably with a spotter standing to the side, to avoid any possible damage to your bucket cyls on the very first try, from an interference issue you weren’t aware of.

Last edited:
   / Compact to utility attachment #4  
JMHO - compact tractor implements don't fit/work well on utility size tractors for a very good reason. Usually they are much lighter grade and may be easily damaged when installed on a utility tractor.

/ Compact to utility attachment #5  
Anybody have any ideas of how to attach a compact tractor attachment to a utility tractor loader?
The pins on the attachment are 3" higher than the holes on the loader.
Stick weld it to the loader.... Just kidding.

We need photos of what you are talking about to make sure of what you are asking!!!

For what you said, it sounds like you want to mount a compact attachment that normally attaches to the rear of the tractor (3point hitch) and mount it to the front end loader?? If the Utility tractor has SSQA - they do make those plates...

/ Compact to utility attachment #6  
NO idea what type of attachment or interface you are even talking about.

Pics worth a thousand words

/ Compact to utility attachment #7  
After thinking about the question some more and wondering why Xfaxman asked what he did, i belatedly realized he is spot-on (tip o the hat..), vs me who had missed important context clues: There are different pin locations on JDQA for different size attachments!

1680892951155.png

In which case the answer is: weld on your own new ones. You can buy those specific pins online or buy some longer same-diameter pins from Tractor Supply etc and cut them to length for the purpose.

/ Compact to utility attachment #8  
After thinking about the question some more and wondering why Xfaxman asked what he did, i belatedly realized he is spot-on (tip o the hat..), vs me who had missed important context clues: There are different pin locations on JDQA for different size attachments!

View attachment 794111

In which case the answer is: weld on your own new ones. You can buy those specific pins online or buy some longer same-diameter pins from Tractor Supply etc and cut them to length for the purpose.

The OP has a 5055E which depending on year and configuration would have a loader with either the JD500, Global/Euro/DIN, or skid loader QA setups. Based on what he said with the lower pins being located higher on the attachment than the loader, his loader has the JD500 QA setup and an attachment with the JD100-400 QA mounting setup. The picture you posted, as well as the right picture Xfaxman posted show attachments with both the JD100-400 and JD500 mounting pins. The JD500 QA has the lower pins mounted 3" lower than the JD100-400 QA but is otherwise identical, the top hooks and their horizontal spacing are identical, and the lower pins are the same diameter and have the same horizontal spacing.

What the OP should do depends on whether or not he could fit another set of lower pins 3" below the existing lower pins on the attachment or not. If they would fit, he should get a set of JDQA lower pins and weld them on, he can get a pair of them for about $20. If the lower pins are already within 3" of the bottom of the attachment, he has three practical options.

1. Custom fab or have somebody custom fab a JD500 to JD100-400 QA adapter. I have not been able to find anybody making one of these adapters as an off the shelf item. This would only make sense if the OP has a bunch of JD100-400 attachments as I would guess this would be at least a grand to have somebody fab up.
2. Sell the JD100-400 QA attachment and get one with the JD500 QA. This probably makes the most sense if there is only one JD100-400 attachment.
3. Cut off the JD100-400 QA and weld on a plate with the JD500 QA like Xfaxman posted, so that the bottom of the plate is not below the bottom of the attachment and the top hooks now are located higher up than before.

/ Compact to utility attachment #9  
Unfortunately the OP has not been back to see the replies. :(

/ Compact to utility attachment
Just getting back to work and see that I've missed a lot. The first picture above is
just about what my tractor looks like. The stump bucket that I want to attach fits
the top tabs fine, but the bottom pins on the bucket are exactly 3" too high (or my
holes are 3" too low), and the pins on the bucket are at the bottom edge - - nothing
below to weld on to. I will try to send a picture tomorrow.

The site where I bought this attachment had 2 choices, Skid Steer or John Deere.
I am still learning about tractors and didn't see anything about this not fitting a
utility tractor. It just said that it attaches just like my bucket on the front end loader.
Lesson learned. But they won't take it back even though it's never been used, so I am
trying to make it work, or I'm out $1400. I have about 20 or so stumps to dig out.