Tractor Sizing Completely confused, trying to buy 1st tractor!!

/ Completely confused, trying to buy 1st tractor!! #11  
Both are great... if your talking about a 4025 4wd vs a 1533 get the 4025 without a doubt! same price more tractor... if its a 4025 2wd vs a 1533 that gets tough but id choose the 1533.. its a really nice tractor.

/ Completely confused, trying to buy 1st tractor!! #12  
Both are great tractors, 4025 is a brute but is old school and the 8x2 tranny is not near as loader friendly as the 1533's 8x8 or hydro. just my 2 cents worth.

/ Completely confused, trying to buy 1st tractor!! #13  
If you indicated you were doing ground engaging work then the 4025 4x4 would be the tractor hands down, but for what you mention the 1533 would be perfect!

/ Completely confused, trying to buy 1st tractor!! #14  
a 3016 mahindra will do but i got the 3616 about 10 more hp. both will pull a 5ft bushog

/ Completely confused, trying to buy 1st tractor!! #15  
We have 20 acres. Approximately 5 acres is bush hogged. The rest is either woods, sand, gravel, or lake (two lakes). We are looking to purchase a Mahindra and, the more we look and talk with dealers, the more confused we get as to what we really need. Don't want to under buy, or over buy for that matter. I've had advice from 30 Hp needed to 45 Hp needed. I'm simply looking for a tractor to bush hog the 5 acres (I already have a 5ft bush hog) and to haul around small loads of sand, gravel, etc. I had one dealer tell me I needed the 1533 and another told me I needed the 4025! Big difference in hp. So, what HP do you need to do the things I want to do. I definitely want 4wd since some of it gets wet and I certainly don't want to get stuck. And a front loader. But other than those two things I'm completely lost. HELP!!!! :confused3:

Kgann,
both tractors the dealer recommended to you are accurate, and they both fall in the same price range, with that being said they are both very different.
the Mahindra 1533 is a 33hp tier 4 tractor with an incredible new engine, the controls and set up will be more plush, and simple to operate. easy sight lines and smaller frame and size to fit in smaller areas. it offers a shuttle transmission and a HST both transmissions are easy to operate, the nice part about it is the 1500's series SHuttle shift is an independent PTO which means you can go from forward to reverse, shift any gears and the PTO will remain turning, this is really nice when you are trying to back into tight spaces with a rotary cutter or a PTO driven implement. these are all the pluses of the 1533
The 4025 4wd with loader is a beast of a tractor!!! a huge 4 cylinder engine tier 3 so tried and true engine(note im not knocking the new MCRD from mahindra that engine is AMAZING!!!) but the 4025's motor runs great simple easy not a whole lot of frills, all metal hood and fenders simple easy to run, now the transmission is a gear transmission 8 forward 2 reverse, now this transmission is not synchronized so you will have to come to almost a stop to shift gears to increase speed, in addition its a live PTO, this mean everytime you hit the clutch the PTO will stop.
Some people say that they do not like that transmission because its hard to opertate, i will say the shuttle and HST is simple to use and user friendly, but the 4025 gear is a tried and true trans that has been helping tractor owners for years.
Now for the loaders the 1500's series offers a lifting capacity of 1650lbs the loader is a quick attach and so is the bucket, now the biggest selling point to most on this loader is the location of the loader control in the cockpit area. its right next to the operator's seat so easy to use.
the 4025 offers over 3,000lbs lifting capacity and a much larger bucket so moving large amount of material is done in less time. now the loader control is located up off of the loader bracket and some people do not like the location, I personally like the location, reason being, it forces the operator to sit up and look more forward when operating the bucket. once you sit up its a more natural motion.

Now I know i have written alot, but these are the biggest differences between the 2. if it was me, depending on how many operators you will have, i would go with the 4025, alot more tractor for the money!
I hope this helps!
Max

/ Completely confused, trying to buy 1st tractor!! #16  
I ran a 5 foot brush cutter for years with a Ford 9N which was way under powered.

What were you cutting or was your tractor worn out? My 9N and 8N are more than enough to mow tall grass and weeds with a 5' King Kutter. I'm using my eMax 22 with a 5' finish mower now for pastures and it does fine, even when it's heavy, tall grass. To the o.p..... something in the 25 to 30 range is enough for mowing, you might even want to consider an older used tractor for that purpose and the more modern one for the lifting and hauling chores. You can never have too many tractors or too much horsepower!

/ Completely confused, trying to buy 1st tractor!! #17  
When I purchased my tractor I had 10 acres and was doing the things you are looking at. I went with a 3215 4WD shuttle. Since then I now have a total of 20 acres and actually use the tractor to bale 10 acres of brome hay. The tractor is great and does fine, but I now wish I had a larger tractor and would really like a cab. You will be fine with anything in the 30 HP range.