Completely new to Kioti

/ Completely new to Kioti #1  

_RaT_

Tractor
Kioti 3510-SE HST
I have owned a Kubota L4850 shuttle shift, L48, L3830 HST and L3940 HST. The L4850 was a 5 cylinder and loaded with power. The L3830 HST was my favorite. I am looking at Kioti hoping to get a better price than what I am seeing with Kubota. Just got a bid on a CK 3510 SE HST for $24,495 with loader. It is out of state because I have so few dealers in my area. Dealer is in Carson City NV. Any thoughts on this tractor would be appreciated. Engine, HST, ease of removing loader, options like R14 tires etc. The Kioti website is not like Kubota where you can build your own and get details about things like TnT, loader 3rd valve option, tires etc. Plan is to get a 60" flail mower. Thank You.

/ Completely new to Kioti #2  
The dk series is built beefier than the ck series, if you plan on hard use

/ Completely new to Kioti
The dk series is built beefier than the ck series, if you plan on hard use
Well, one thing for sure, Kioti definitely does not have the following like Kubota. I will have to locate a dealer with a Kioti CK in stock and look try it out. I found the pictures on Kioti's website/brochure to not clearly show the things I wanted to know. Brakes on left or right? Differential braking? Read about some hydraulic issues on 3 pt hitch and loader. Hoping these have been addressed.

/ Completely new to Kioti #4  
Well, one thing for sure, Kioti definitely does not have the following like Kubota. I will have to locate a dealer with a Kioti CK in stock and look try it out. I found the pictures on Kioti's website/brochure to not clearly show the things I wanted to know. Brakes on left or right? Differential braking? Read about some hydraulic issues on 3 pt hitch and loader. Hoping these have been addressed.
A CK3510SE is a really well equipped, nice, heavy, stable common-rail diesel smooth running machine with monster hydraulic pump, dual rear remotes, handy cruise control/throttle pedal goodies and PTO hp that will far more than handle a 60" flail. I felt it near to a Kubota L3901 roughly in sheer mass/capability, but with a LOT more comfort/implement goodies with the rear remote hydraulics. But you'll miss Kubota solid engineering simplicity and a bit of dealer options / maturity of service and after market support for wear parts. Bottom line, an experienced tractor owner who has a good dealer, knows how to maintain equipment, picked the right hp for the job at hand and avoids stupid operator "tear it up" mistakes should love it.

/ Completely new to Kioti #5  
Any thoughts on this tractor would be appreciated. Engine, HST, ease of removing loader, options like R14 tires etc. The Kioti website is not like Kubota where you can build your own and get details about things like TnT, loader 3rd valve option, tires etc. Plan is to get a 60" flail mower. Thank You.
I just purchased a ck2610 2months ago. Been incredibly happy so far with it. First tractor I’ve owned but have used a Kubota, MF and Deere a bit. I’ve only used it for snow and a bit of box blading so far.

not sure about factor TnT or 3rd function as I didn’t inquire about it. R14s were an option from 2 different dealers. Did watch a YouTube video where the guy had a electric over hydraulic installed and the you stick looked factory so I’d say it’s an option. For my 25hp it’s rated for 65” tiller or brush hog. I’d say 60” flail on 35hp would be no problem.
Brakes on left or right? Differential braking? Read about some hydraulic issues on 3 pt hitch and loader. Hoping these have been addressed.
Brakes on on the right. Does not have split brakes. The 3pt can be a bit “jerky” if you try and raise it incredibly slow. Haven’t had a problem with raising fully then lowering to desired height. Loader has been awesome and flawless.

/ Completely new to Kioti
I just purchased a ck2610 2months ago. Been incredibly happy so far with it. First tractor I’ve owned but have used a Kubota, MF and Deere a bit. I’ve only used it for snow and a bit of box blading so far.

not sure about factor TnT or 3rd function as I didn’t inquire about it. R14s were an option from 2 different dealers. Did watch a YouTube video where the guy had a electric over hydraulic installed and the you stick looked factory so I’d say it’s an option. For my 25hp it’s rated for 65” tiller or brush hog. I’d say 60” flail on 35hp would be no problem.

Brakes on on the right. Does not have split brakes. The 3pt can be a bit “jerky” if you try and raise it incredibly slow. Haven’t had a problem with raising fully then lowering to desired height. Loader has been awesome and flawless.
Thanks for the replies guys, I really do appreciate it. I don't know of anyone around here that has a Kioti so I can't ask them their thoughts much less actually see one, pretty much JD and Kubota and a few older New Holland/Ford. What I have seen with Kioti that impresses me is the cost as well as the beef in things like the loader, the hydraulic outlets on back as standard compared to Kubota. I do like Kubota but am hoping to get by a Kioti dealer soon to see if the online pictures Kioti has match the real thing. Heck, if the CK2610 can run a 60" flail even that would be an option. Thanks again.

/ Completely new to Kioti #7  
I have a CK3510 Hst. It is a great unit, I have the 66" bucket and have the backhoe. I use the tractor for land clearing and digging stumps, ditches etc. I have a woods box scraper 5' and a 6' rake, also a 5' bush hog. Tractor handles all implements easily, run out of traction not power. Kioti is a great tractor and less expensive than JD or Kubota for the same equivalent power and size. Dealerships are not plentiful, but the ones you find are very good.
Just my opinion.

/ Completely new to Kioti #8  
I was more than pleasantly surprised when I saw my first Kioti. They are very nice, well thought-out machines. You should really find a lot to look around in. You'll likely feel the same.

/ Completely new to Kioti #9  
I am not familiar with the models you are looking at but I am a new Kioti owner having owned Deere, Case, and Kubota in the past. I was hesitant at first but now that I have one I love it. The Kioti was considerably cheaper than a comparable Kubota but after having operated it I would pick it over the Kubota if they were the same price. I have nothing against Kubota I still own 5 RTVs and a diesel Kubota mower but the Kioti tractors are well designed and heavier built.

/ Completely new to Kioti #10  
Need to specify what your needs are first.

Some tractor brands do better in certain areas than others, though, in general, they're not all that far apart overall.

Depending on what you're looking/needing to mow you could probably run a 6' mower. I currently run a 6' rotary off my NX5510, but am soon to take delivery of a 7' flail. With heavy brush or thick grass you'd want to either be prepared to go a lot slower OR go with a smaller mower. I've mowed some ridiculous stuff with my B7800: initial taming of my property- had Reed Canary grass over 10' tall; I look back on all of it and wonder how I manged to do it (sheer stubbornness I suppose).

Kubota has been in the US a LOT longer than Kioti. I'm a Kubota fan. No question that Kubota is more refined. I went with the NX5510 because I was able to get a cab (great cab). The value was there, and, in general, the Kioti has proven it to be the case. I likely have done a lot more work with it than say a comparable Kubota (sans cab) because of having that cab. About 600 hrs and, though there have been a few bumps, it just keeps on working hard (I don't dare, however, abuse it like my B7800; larger equipment means larger repair costs).

Squirrel! I just saw "Takeuchi" in bdog's signature. I rent Takeuchi excavators and love the heck of them- if Tak built a tractor...