Comprehensive Purchase Review of 4707

/ Comprehensive Purchase Review of 4707 #11  
The 4700 series is made where? Not China, right?

/ Comprehensive Purchase Review of 4707 #12  

Global Series are built in a "brand new state of the art factory" according to Agco, and yes in China.... I can't speak for long term quality, as no one can, they haven't been in production long enough for this to be determined. But I have kicked the tires on several of them at the dealerships, and the initial quality with regards to fit and finish is top notch... It's on my short list for certain.

/ Comprehensive Purchase Review of 4707 #13  
Norwegian tires
Italian transmission
Loader built in Tennessee
Assembled in China
Final assembled in Aberdeen, Md for US market.

/ Comprehensive Purchase Review of 4707 #14  
I don't understand folks. They poo poo a tractor that is manufactured in China but then go to Harbor Freight and buy everything in the store. Massey, just like Deere, Case/IH New Holland, and many others, are built from components sourced globally. My dad sold Allis Chalmers back in the day. Proudly made in Wisconsin, but they are out of business. I owned an Indian made New Holland Workmaster 50 and had zero issues. Nothing at all wrong with the Massey and it's place of manufacture. The 4707 is a nice machine.

/ Comprehensive Purchase Review of 4707 #15  
I don't understand folks. They poo poo a tractor that is manufactured in China but then go to Harbor Freight and buy everything in the store. Massey, just like Deere, Case/IH New Holland, and many others, are built from components sourced globally. My dad sold Allis Chalmers back in the day. Proudly made in Wisconsin, but they are out of business. I owned an Indian made New Holland Workmaster 50 and had zero issues. Nothing at all wrong with the Massey and it's place of manufacture. The 4707 is a nice machine.
Agreed. I absolutely love my 4707. Fit and finish are as nice as any machine I have seen. There is alot of European influence in this tractor, handed down from the AGCO Big Brothers, Fendt and Challenger. The wiring looks like a work of art. No regrets at all

/ Comprehensive Purchase Review of 4707 #16  
Since I'm the only person who questioned where the tractor was made, your post must be directed at me. First of all, I didn't "poo-poo" the tractor in my original post, but now that it's confirmed it's made in China, I absolutely do question the overall quality. How can anyone NOT question that, given the well-earned reputation for Chinese-made products being less than desirable in many instances?

Secondly, I don't mind products being made elsewhere. My 1643 is made in Japan. That's not a problem, it's a feature. Why? Because Japanese-made products have a reputation for being well-made. Are you honestly suggesting that you trust a Chinese-made tractor to be on par with a Japanese-made one?

Thirdly, as far as the Harbor Freight comment goes, most of my tools are Craftsman brand and virtually all of them were made right here in America. Again, that's not a problem, it's a feature. I was proud to buy Craftsman tools. They were decent quality with a great warranty and were made in our country by fellow Americans. When Sears made the unbelievably short-sighted decision to move production of Craftsman tools to China, I stopped buying them. Many other people did, too. Now Sears is on death's door and doesn't even own the Craftsman name anymore. Good job, corporate America.

I buy the best quality stuff I can afford and I typically give extra points for being "Made in USA." Maybe you do, maybe you don't. That's your decision, not mine. Perhaps the 4707 is different than most other Chinese-made products. Maybe it truly is a quality machine worthy of purchase. But how can you criticise healthy skepticism when it would be the exception, not the rule, for this tractor to be of similar quality to a Japanese or European tractor?

If the 4707 is indeed a trend-setter and sets new standards for quality of steel and workmanship, then more power to Acgo. I just hope this isn't a repeat of Craftsman, Irwin (Chinese-made Vise-Grips, anyone?), or the many other products that were outsourced to China, only to have quality diminish and harm previously respected brands.

I will wait and see.

/ Comprehensive Purchase Review of 4707 #17  
Since I'm the only person who questioned where the tractor was made, your post must be directed at me. First of all, I didn't "poo-poo" the tractor in my original post, but now that it's confirmed it's made in China, I absolutely do question the overall quality. How can anyone NOT question that, given the well-earned reputation for Chinese-made products being less than desirable in many instances?

Secondly, I don't mind products being made elsewhere. My 1643 is made in Japan. That's not a problem, it's a feature. Why? Because Japanese-made products have a reputation for being well-made. Are you honestly suggesting that you trust a Chinese-made tractor to be on par with a Japanese-made one?

Thirdly, as far as the Harbor Freight comment goes, most of my tools are Craftsman brand and virtually all of them were made right here in America. Again, that's not a problem, it's a feature. I was proud to buy Craftsman tools. They were decent quality with a great warranty and were made in our country by fellow Americans. When Sears made the unbelievably short-sighted decision to move production of Craftsman tools to China, I stopped buying them. Many other people did, too. Now Sears is on death's door and doesn't even own the Craftsman name anymore. Good job, corporate America.

I buy the best quality stuff I can afford and I typically give extra points for being "Made in USA." Maybe you do, maybe you don't. That's your decision, not mine. Perhaps the 4707 is different than most other Chinese-made products. Maybe it truly is a quality machine worthy of purchase. But how can you criticise healthy skepticism when it would be the exception, not the rule, for this tractor to be of similar quality to a Japanese or European tractor?

If the 4707 is indeed a trend-setter and sets new standards for quality of steel and workmanship, then more power to Acgo. I just hope this isn't a repeat of Craftsman, Irwin (Chinese-made Vise-Grips, anyone?), or the many other products that were outsourced to China, only to have quality diminish and harm previously respected brands.

I will wait and see.
You certainly have a point. I too like to buy USA made products when possible. However, no tractors in this size are US made unless you go to a JD5090M, which is $25k more.

China is very capable of building good stuff, look at Apple. Also, many tractor manufacturers outsource their manufacturing to a 3rd party (Case/ New Holland with Turk Tractor in Turkey for example). AGCO spent $300 million on their state of the art plant, that is managed operated by AGCO with very close quality control. John Deere quality control on their Indian made 5xxxE series tractors is horrible.

If there were an affordable US made quality tractor in this size, I would buy it.

Last edited:
   / Comprehensive Purchase Review of 4707 #18  
John Deere quality control on their Indian made 5xxxE series tractors is horrible.
Doesn't surprise me. I'm not impressed with "Made in India" quality, either. Another reputation earned (India) and another tarnished (Deere).

/ Comprehensive Purchase Review of 4707 #19  
No offense intended Wobblin. Just stating an opinion. You make very valid points. I did own an Indian made New Holland for 2 years though and had no issues. Some others have. I trust that my Turkish made New Holland is good.