Concrete Floor Leveling Question

/ Concrete Floor Leveling Question #11  
We've not turned too much attention to the faucet yet but this is a good idea. A normal faucet will have those 'nuts' that fit on the under side to compress to the vanity top and hold the faucet. I've gone through the box. I've actually looked at and read the (worthless) instructions.... there are no nuts with this. I'm going to have to hard mount (so your idea is fantastic) a 3/4' 90 degree female fitting with 'ears' to secure it. This will then screw into that, very much like your tub spout fits into a fitting inside the wall, blind.
Hard to tell exactly what you working with without pictures but if you have a tub faucet then that will need to be mounted to blocking inside the wall. Sounds like you already have drywall installed so that is going to have to come out so you can properly install everything. Is the drywall normal white board or green board for wet locations? I don't think it would be a bad idea to use the green board in this room/location.

/ Concrete Floor Leveling Question #12  
Not across the room, this slope happens within 12" of the wall. The floor is essentially flat then this floor drain is "counter sunk" into the concrete floor and this is where the fall is.

Rest of the floor might have some normal ups/downs but the location of the drain is sharp and sudden. Unfortunately, it's transition is where the cabinet feet are (on one side of the cabinet) so the OTHER side of the cabinet are fine.
To bad you can't just put the sink over the drain so that is hidden under it. Would just need to have it installed on legs so the water an go under.

/ Concrete Floor Leveling Question
I agree about the greenboard (I've used durrock in all other water locations)

This specific wall though, is widely open because of needing to deal with the floor.....which means I have to deal with the cabinet.....which then means, I need to deal with the plumbing.....

So it's all open as we get other things done and now, we are turning our attention to this location. I don't mind regular drywall (which is what's here) because we're only using it to close up the wall and keep the insulation in place. She's going to add 3/4" T&G to the wall for the finish. I asked what if we used Teak as I made a vanity top out of solid Teak in our 1/2 bath.... she said no, too expensive. She wants to use 1x6 T&G clear pine so that's what it is. It is likely to get wet "every now & then" but as a practice, I don't see this room getting used much.... even less the sink. She bought too pretty of a porcelain vessel to be doing her plants & gardening stuff in it, besides, she's got a hose just outside for that.

As a practical matter, this sink is probably not needed at all. But, I digress back to.... I tell her she can do what she wants and to that end, I don't care. If she wants a sink, we'll make it happen one way or another.

(then in 4 years, she'll decide she wants to instead change it to a stand up shower, or remove it, or make it a car wash or SOMETHING..... just to "update" things HA!)

/ Concrete Floor Leveling Question #14  
Take the faucet back and get the right one , You have not mentioned anything about whether there is even plumbing in the wall period. You can drop the drain pipe right down into the floor drain , Been doing remodeling for over 40 yrs Cant remember a woman ever knowing what she was doing including my wife and sisters who i have worked for many times, You can cut the tile in kind of a pie shape to fit the slope in the floor , but 2x2 tile suck on uneven concrete.

/ Concrete Floor Leveling Question #15  
I had a tile company for 10 years. Your issue is not that big of a problem. If the drain is for the sink only then as stated before either add an extension to the drain or chip out the floor and add the correct connections for the drain. Then clean and scrape the floor. You then can use the self level concrete to build up the low spots in the floor. Self leveling concrete is found in the flooring section of the box stores. Some of the self leveling concrete requires a bonding agent. Read the instructions.

You may need to grind the high spots if they are really bad but I can not tell you that with the supplied information. You may need to do what we called a "mud set" to level the floor tile.

It might behoove you to hire a good tile man. He can make it look good. It is not the end of the world.

/ Concrete Floor Leveling Question #16  
Interesting comments & points of view. Hadn't really thought about shimming the cabinet. (currently have a 3/4" piece under it to see how things fit so that's a perspective)

Oh, and she bought a faucet that is for a shower/tub.....not a lavatory. It's a wall mount with nothing in the wall to mount it to other than the plumbing. This is going to be fun.

To add complication to the wall mounted faucet (and might be what bails me out) On this specific wall, we've got 1/2" drywall BUT, she is then going to add 3/4" T&G wood slats to essentially end up with a wall of wood. It will be about 1 1/4" thick. She's full of tricks that I/we get to then figure out how to implement.
There are gizmos for in wall support of faucets, but in this case, I would just rip open the dry wall so you can install what you need. You can have the sink drain on to the floor drain, but I wouldn't put the vanity over the floor drain. Too many ways that could go wrong; mold, rot, vermin infestations

Given the lack of clarity in use, and the size of your dogs, if it were me, I would run the durrock up at least 3-4'. I would seal the T&G with enough coats of varnish to make it waterproof. Then at some point in the future you could wash the dogs down in the mud room, if that turned out to be a plan.

Personally, I can think of lots of other ways to dissuade guests from using the mud room door. 24" would be a long, long negotiation with me, and one that I am not sure I would concede on. For sure, the second time I drop something hitting the door frame, the door would be gone. Airplane lavatory doors are wider! Is it even an exterior rated door?

Good luck with this project! It sounds like a handful.

All the best,

Peter

/ Concrete Floor Leveling Question #17  
I am pretty sure i have never seen a 24 in exterior door, Would definitely not meet code,

/ Concrete Floor Leveling Question #18  
Shim the cabinet and use smaller tile. Tell her that you need a flat floor for 24” tile and the floor isn’t flat.

/ Concrete Floor Leveling Question #19  
Thoughts?
First of all you have an amazing wife to handle all that "stuff" for 3 years while you vacationed in Florida.

As to the drain - from your writing it seems that it is in a depression near a wall (pics would help). So basically you need to either level it out or make it like a shallow showerpan.
The major cement companies make products that are self leveling and easy to use if you can let them set.
Sakrete has a line that seems to differ in the minimum thickness and speed of set.

/ Concrete Floor Leveling Question
We're going to try to go to town tomorrow to see about leveling material.
The "door to the exterior" (as opposed to calling it an exterior door) is 24" wide. I very much detest it and told her that had I been here at the time, I would have fought tooth & nail against it. VERY impractical aside from anything else it may or may not be.

Her sole thinking was she didn't want it mistaken for an entrance door. Well, she accomplished that. My cats & dogs have bigger doors.

I've told her (and I mean this) this door is probably the one, single thing on the house that she really fowled up. I don't know about code. I would like to think the builder would not have done it had it been against code. It's not a main entrance door. It gets you into mudroom. Another door (36" wide" gets you into garage and then the door between the house and garage is another 36" door.

Ironically, when my father (real estate developer, though he's 92 years old now & retired) anyway, when he came here for our wedding (on back patio) he went through house & stuff. He hadn't been here for 6-10 months prior to the wedding and we got a ton finished.

He said he was impressed with many of the touches we (my wife) had done to the house. He built the dream house at a Homerama in Cincinnati area 40 years ago.... he said you go to a development like that and various houses have various features as their strong point.... we had almost all of them.

Heck, she's got eight sets of french doors in/around the house. Shower large enough for person in wheelchair (she's got a niece in wheelchair), recirculating waterfall/pond... and then this stupid 24" door which is absurd.

BUT, it is what it is..... it's set inside concrete block framing so I can't take my sawzall and enlarge things. I'm stuck with it.

This faucet issue.... found out that the connectors are 3/4" STRAIGHT pipe (male) so I need to find a 3/4" straight pipe drop ear fitting to mount them to. Home Depot has nothing like that. So this will be a search too. Why she got a tub/shower faucet? She liked the looks and it was going to double for washing the dogs (which I doubt will ever ACTUALLY happen in here) It is what it is, so I'll figure out how to make it work. That's what I/we do. Make it work one way or another.