Concrete placement bucket

/ Concrete placement bucket
If it's too steep for a concrete truck, how much damage will you do to axles, seals, bearings, etc. hauling material?

As noted, consider renting a concrete buggy if they're available in your area. Maybe some kind of trailer behind your truck?

Also ask about a pump truck in your area. I was told they could pump 800', but I'm not sure how accurate that is under all conditions.

Four yards is the minimum for delivery here.

Personally, about 10-12 80# bags is all I can do in a day, no matter how close they are to the job.
Isnt a tractor loader made for moving materials? I wouldnt think moving concrete would do any more damage to them vs any other material.

I had thought about a concrete buggy rental but these sono tubes will be 2-3' above grade. Do they make a buggy that can dump that high?

Making the driveway accessible for a concrete truck just dosnt make sence for 18 sono tubes. That would be the only time it would be needed. I did bring a 25ft camper up this hill but just arnt that confident that a concrete truck would attempt it.

/ Concrete placement bucket #12  
I’ve seen concrete trucks go up pretty steep hills. I think if you could drive the tractor back and forth with concrete the truck could probably make it. BTW concrete has went up a lot. By the time you pay taxes and delivery it probably is $280 a yard.

/ Concrete placement bucket #13  
Isnt a tractor loader made for moving materials? I wouldnt think moving concrete would do any more damage to them vs any other material.
Loose, light materials short distances. "Loaders', as in from the ground to a trailer parked close by. I've moved recently dug dirt and gravel over short distances, maybe 2-300' over more or less level ground. I don't believe I'd consider wet concrete 7-800' up or down steep grade. Do you have the braking needed to avoid running away?

I had thought about a concrete buggy rental but these sono tubes will be 2-3' above grade. Do they make a buggy that can dump that high?
You're making an even better argument for a pump truck if one is available in your area.

/ Concrete placement bucket #14  
Buy some bagged mix. Rent one of these:

Strap the mixer to a pallet and pick up the mixer to dump into the tubes.

/ Concrete placement bucket #15  
I have a concrete bucket on my skid steer. Aside from the obvious that concrete is heavy, it doesn’t dump very accurate. You really need a hydraulic controlled gate on a concrete bucket.

I have a concrete bucket on my skid steer. Aside from the obvious that concrete is heavy, it doesn’t dump very accurate. You really need a hydraulic controlled gate on a concrete bucket.
Thank you. Would a second person on the ground with a shovel help?

in from the ground to a trailer parked close by. I've moved recently dug dirt and gravel over short distances, maybe 2-300' over more or less level ground. I don't believe I'd consider wet concrete 7-800' up or down steep grade. Do you have the braking needed to avoid running away
I have alreaty moved 20+tons of material up this same hill and spread it. Most of it done with a tractor with half the capacity and half the HP.

/ Concrete placement bucket #18  
It can be done, as said above - biggest issue is separation of mix while hauling. We hauled 27 yards about 3 miles up a mountain in 2 big loaders one time for a tower foundation, basically the same as what you are doing - drilled piers with sonotube. Ours were 6' diameter & 25' deep.

It can be done, as said above - biggest issue is separation of mix while hauling. We hauled 27 yards about 3 miles up a mountain in 2 big loaders one time for a tower foundation, basically the same as what you are doing - drilled piers with sonotube. Ours were 6' diameter & 25' deep.
Did you get alot of separation? My driveway is prety smooth and can drive a car up it if you hit the hill good. No big ruts or bumps.

/ Concrete placement bucket #20  
Call the batch plant and ask if they can send somebody out to see if their truck can deliver to your site. Simple and free.
Plus you can get a cost if they say yes.