Connector for electrical accessories?

/ Connector for electrical accessories? #1  

ishiboo

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010HSTC, Cat 279c
I am in the process of adding a 7-pin RV trailer connector to the back of my Kioti, so I can use a brake controller I have lying around and also activate the tail lights when I stop... as I do occasionally move it on the road with the tractor for some projects.

While I'm at it, I'd like to add a future accessory connector to the plate. I would like to have one reversible motor circuit (2 pins, ground and power which swap) for a linear actuator, one constant power, a main ground, as well as 3 additional positives which may be momentary or just switched. I could get away with 2 additional positives though.

The 7-pin RV connectors are inexpensive, durable and easily replaced... so I am thinking about using one, however I am wondering if there are any other connector type options so it would not get confused for the trailer hookup? I thought about a 6-pin round (since I don't have any of those), but am open to other ideas.

I might also add an Anderson connector for a future winch or other high-amperage device while I'm at it :)