Conoco vs Rotella Oil

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #1  

Hdoilcan

Gold Member
Tractor
2018 KIOTI CK3510SE CAB, 2475L BACKHOE, 72 BOX BLADE, 72 REAR BLADE, 72 LANDSCAPE RAKE, 1,250 LB 55 GAL DRUM BALLAST, 2018 FERRIS IS 700Z, 26HP 810 VANGUARD ENGINE
What would be a better oil to use........ Conoco Fleet Supreme Ed or Rotella T4 engine oil? Either brand I’ll be using 15w40.

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #2  
They both should be a CK-4 oil, which would meet or exceed most manufacture recommendations,
unless it is a new diesel requiring FA-4 spec which I don't believe they meet.

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #4  
Why not go synthetic? The rotella is about $5 more a gallong.

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #5  
I use the Rotella T6 on all my diesel engines. No problems of any kind.

The most important thing is meeting spec's required by your engine and mostly just clean oil/filter and regular changes.

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #6  
The most important thing is meeting spec's required by your engine and mostly just clean oil/filter and regular changes.
:thumbsup:

No need to go to full synthetic.

I used nothing but Rotella T4 in my Kubota L4200 for 20 years without any issues up until I sold it in order to purchase my new L5060.

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #7  
Everyone has different ideas as to how to maintain their equipment.
One school just uses what ever is the cheapest, some will look to see if it meets the manufactures specs some don't.
Some will go to that brands dealer for every thing requardless of the specs.
Some will look at the specs and find a major name product and go with it.
Many will use a product that just meets the specs and try to justify that it is the best because it meets a specification.
Others will look at a spec and choose a product that exceeds those specifications as they think that manufactures specifications,
are similar to codes and standards which are the minimum acceptable not the best, and will choose a product that will
provide better protection and or service then the minimum required.
ie. synthetic vs conventional oils and fluids

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #8  
Rotella had some good advertising and IMO this is why so many use it today. I don't see it being any better or worst then any other oil which meets the same API standards. I use what ever is cheapest in all my equipment which include, Rotella, Delo, Delvac, Valvoline, NAPA, Kendall and some others, so long as they meet the API spec as required by the manufacture. I'll also say that I have not heard of one engine failure from any oil in modern times. All failures usually come from lack of maintenance or something breaking

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #9  
Rotella had some good advertising and IMO this is why so many use it today. I don't see it being any better or worst then any other oil which meets the same API standards. I use what ever is cheapest in all my equipment which include, Rotella, Delo, Delvac, Valvoline, NAPA, Kendall and some others, so long as they meet the API spec as required by the manufacture. I'll also say that I have not heard of one engine failure from any oil in modern times. All failures usually come from lack of maintenance or something breaking

All true.

/ Conoco vs Rotella Oil #10  
Is there some other brand (1gal 15w40 synthetic) you can get shipped to your door for $19?