Considering a smaller tractor to avoid Tier 4 emissions difficulties

/ Considering a smaller tractor to avoid Tier 4 emissions difficulties #31  
My goal is to purchase a tractor that will last forever if I take care of it and require as few additional expenditures and/or trips to the dealer as possible.

I am convinced that the CK2610 may have more power to offer than it is rated for once the warranty expires.

Difficult for me to imagine two thoughts more in conflict.

/ Considering a smaller tractor to avoid Tier 4 emissions difficulties
Difficult for me to imagine two thoughts more in conflict.

Touche. :)

I'm planning for every eventuality. It's hard to say how six years of tractor ownership will change my perspective, but it's good to have options. It would be a relatively inexpensive mid-life crisis.

/ Considering a smaller tractor to avoid Tier 4 emissions difficulties
I took delivery of a CK3510SE today. Many thanks to all for the input offered in this thread!

/ Considering a smaller tractor to avoid Tier 4 emissions difficulties #34  
Congrats! Mine's coming tomorrow! :D

/ Considering a smaller tractor to avoid Tier 4 emissions difficulties #35  
I took delivery of a CK3510SE today. Many thanks to all for the input offered in this thread!
Congrats! Mine's coming tomorrow!

Excellent choice!
Give us an update after a couple months of use :drink:

/ Considering a smaller tractor to avoid Tier 4 emissions difficulties #36  
Crap... Something just came up and I'll have to postpone taking delivery for a couple of weeks. I guess I'll just have to live vicariously through Freep until then....

/ Considering a smaller tractor to avoid Tier 4 emissions difficulties #37  
I thought the depth of Crisis in Mid Life was always gauged by the level of financial stupidity.

/ Considering a smaller tractor to avoid Tier 4 emissions difficulties #38  
Howdy...Abit confused here.I just bought a kioti ck2610.I was told because it is under 25hp that it is emissions exempt....no cat. or Regen.
crap. Am I wrong?...One posting said,
no cat. Now you're saying it does, so does the manual. Only 2hrs on it.
Anyone know for certain?

/ Considering a smaller tractor to avoid Tier 4 emissions difficulties #39  
Howdy...Abit confused here.I just bought a kioti ck2610.I was told because it is under 25hp that it is emissions exempt....no cat. or Regen.
crap. Am I wrong?...One posting said,
no cat. Now you're saying it does, so does the manual. Only 2hrs on it.
Anyone know for certain?
Ck 2610 has no emissions.

/ Considering a smaller tractor to avoid Tier 4 emissions difficulties #40  
Funny what some call silly, I call very wise. And why should we have complicated, expensive crap, that the manufacturers have no handle on and feel no obligation for, rammed down our throats?

Why not simply a nice, low hour tier zero tractor?

I predict that in the no so far distant future, these computer tractors will become a GIANT headache. Look at the myriad of threads about all the tractor problems with non electronic issues. What is going to happen when the connectors, wiring and sensors start giving trouble, particularly those that were not made with the absolute highest quality materials. Certain brands, yet to be determined will become worthless except for scrap and parts.
People said this about cars and trucks 30 years ago, yet modern vehicles are more reliable than those 1970s vehicles that I learned to drive and repair.