Considering a TYM T264

/ Considering a TYM T264 #1  

kf4uda

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TD5030, 861 Ford Powermaster, CaseIH Farmall 35A, 555A Ford Backhoe, S150x SnapperPro ZTR, Polaris Ranger XP800
I am in the market for a small tractor whose primary job will be mowing with a flail mower. Also I will use it for light loader work and with pallet forks. I have larger tractors and a TLB for the big stuff.

My question is mostly directed at someone that’s owns a T264. Are you using it for similar tasks and are you satisfied with it? Have you had any issues with it?

The flail that I am looking at is a Titan (now Ironcraft) FL135 52in. Does anyone have any experience with these?

/ Considering a TYM T264 #2  
Not an owner, but used to sell TYMs and Bransons. Based on the T233/T293 chassis & same engine that was used in the Branson 2400. Loader did not have a subframe going to the rear axles so put a lot of stress on the bolts that attach the tractor frame to the transmission when the loader was used to capacity. Not for sure if that has been changed yet or not. Otherwise, they were a pretty good little tractor and the engine was troublefree on the Branson 2400. Of course there was always the little electrical problems that could crop up and a few that were just plain abused. Worst part anymore is if TYM doesn't have the part in stock state side it could be a 1-3 month wait on it. They used to air freight parts out of Korea for unit down warranty parts orders but that stopped several years ago. Edited to add, just looked at the loader manual for the current loader and it for sure does not have a subframe going to the rear axle. Picture on website that shows underneath the tractor is of a bigger model that does have it.

Last edited:
   / Considering a TYM T264
Thanks for the good feedback claggstractors. I was looking at this tractor as part of a "package deal" which after closer examination wasn't as good of a deal as it first appeared. Also the dealership is 90 miles from me. I am looking at a Case-IH from a dealer 10 miles from me. Its a little more than I was wanting to spend but I think I will be better off in the long run. I may start a thread about it as well.

/ Considering a TYM T264 #4  
No problem man, just remember most salesman aren't goin' to be as honest as me lol. It's a shame that the little CaseIH's are no longer Shibaura. Those were a dang good little tractor. Good luck on your search! The small tractor selection has really become a minefield the last 15 years.

/ Considering a TYM T264
Mahindra 1626. You can't go wrong.

Thanks for the recommendation but I bought the Case-IH. It a Farmall 35A. I will post a thread on it when delivered.

/ Considering a TYM T264 #7  
Thanks for the recommendation but I bought the Case-IH. It a Farmall 35A. I will post a thread on it when delivered.
Had to look that one up but looks like a nice unit. Can't say the little LS's were ever very troublesome. First one that came into the shop was purple and branded LandTrac. That was about 20 years ago. Looks like it will be a little more capable all around than the T264.