Consumer Electronics Show 2021 - John Deere gets a couple of "Worst in Show" awards

/ Consumer Electronics Show 2021 - John Deere gets a couple of "Worst in Show" awards #101  
Not me that pinned the 42 [actually the 42 was a typo on my part it was 46.5] billion dollar price tag on anything. Yet again you miss/deflect from the point I was making.
If the entire agricultural industry in the US is hooked on corporate welfare to the tune of 40% your food security is severely compromised.
The farmers in my area don't want the subsidies.

The people in my area want cheap food.

Can't have one without the other.

/ Consumer Electronics Show 2021 - John Deere gets a couple of "Worst in Show" awards #102  
Not me that pinned the 42 [actually the 42 was a typo on my part it was 46.5] billion dollar price tag on anything. Yet again you miss/deflect from the point I was making.
If the entire agricultural industry in the US is hooked on corporate welfare to the tune of 40% your food security is severely compromised.
You might want to bone up on Canadian dairy policy before you get all indignant about US policy. (Which you neither pay for nor benefit from)
If you are going to quote or use bad information man up and own it. It's right there for Pete's sake. I can read, and I'm not responsible for your typos. There is an edit function here.

/ Consumer Electronics Show 2021 - John Deere gets a couple of "Worst in Show" awards #103  
Subsidies almost make it feel like there’s a central planning committee in charge of agriculture policies and production. Hmm..seems familiar..where have I heard of systems like that? …but one big difference with our system is that the central committee still manages to transfer the risk and liabilities to the farmer who is left holding the bag when their decisions, trade policies, or the weather goes against them.

/ Consumer Electronics Show 2021 - John Deere gets a couple of "Worst in Show" awards
Here is an update on the issue of repairability from Motherboard - Vice News, "John Deere Hit With Class Action Lawsuit for Alleged Tractor Repair Monopoly"

And the actual case doc is here: "Case: 1:22-cv-00188 Document #: 1 Filed: 01/12/22 Page 1 of 50"

A lot of good side discussion on this thread on farm debt too. In Australia farmers also carry a lot of debt and a lot of people find it's concerning for the future of family owned farming.

Mike

/ Consumer Electronics Show 2021 - John Deere gets a couple of "Worst in Show" awards #105  
As a retired autoworker please allow me to explain how most awards work. Certainly not all but most for sure! Not only vehicles, tractors and lawn equipment but its how all our product "awards are chosen" and those nice big full/front page writeups are surely pricey because they simply buy it all folks!! Who'd have ever thunk it huh?..lol
Usually they bury prices paid through 3rd party corp names, promo deals, several small broken up donations, paid advertisement etc.. You know, the same manor many people hide they're kids higher education purchase?
Its why back in the day you may have read how the Vega, Pinto, Volt and your beautiful Yugo sitting in your back yard today etc. were in every magazine & TV network every 13 min as a national treasure & life changing vehicles design right up till they're release & they died right in front of morning TV cameras or were caught on camera being towed back to dealerships before they even clocked 5k miles on them. Even worse burn the garage/house down like several Mini Coopers done owners. True smashshits so highly awarded! Oh' I mean smash hits, whoops!
Now dont expect to read or see on tv how manufacturer's pay all that extra money for awards like its headline news because for one its always paid under the table. The magazines & networks never tell on a company for paying/accepting extra money just for doing articles, there are laws over some of it. They'll lose future business from other companies by telling on them for buying/selling awards & those outstanding front page ads.
But once in great awhile one either grows a pair or gets pizz'd off cause he didn't get his way so one slips through. Generally independent rags with no ads between pages are more truthful but the fact is most of them are owned by large corps so they very rarely go against their partners in crime fearing job loss. Maybe its a Take this job and shove it moment idk? Its always been this way, its nothing new, they all buy awards.
Dont believe all the the hype on any product especially now as greed inside every door way.

/ Consumer Electronics Show 2021 - John Deere gets a couple of "Worst in Show" awards #106  
More on the subject of buying awards.

/ Consumer Electronics Show 2021 - John Deere gets a couple of "Worst in Show" awards #107  
I kinda doubt anyone goes out seeking a "worst of" award.

/ Consumer Electronics Show 2021 - John Deere gets a couple of "Worst in Show" awards #108  
I kinda doubt anyone goes out seeking a "worst of" award.
Wow thats what you came away with here. Those blue things are links you click on to read..lol

Point is most people go out & buy new products after reading glowing articles & seeing top awards when the truth is makers paid for those awards so makers have made trillions making much lower quality items than they should have made for decades. Why the first "Worst of Award" matters so much. If the best of awards actually were legit they'd have to compete to stay in business.

Sorry I wasnt aware I had to explain it in full detail but otay.

/ Consumer Electronics Show 2021 - John Deere gets a couple of "Worst in Show" awards #109  
Wow thats what you came away with here. Those blue things are links you click on to read..lol

Point is most people go out & buy new products after reading glowing articles & seeing top awards when the truth is makers paid for those awards so makers have made trillions making much lower quality items than they should have made for decades. Why the first "Worst of Award" matters so much. If the best of awards actually were legit they'd have to compete to stay in business.

Sorry I wasnt aware I had to explain it in full detail but otay.
I'm not much for opening links from unknown folks. With 20 posts here I have no idea who you are or what your motives are.
Take that however you wish.

/ Consumer Electronics Show 2021 - John Deere gets a couple of "Worst in Show" awards #110  
You might want to bone up on Canadian dairy policy before you get all indignant about US policy. (Which you neither pay for nor benefit from)
If you are going to quote or use bad information man up and own it. It's right there for Pete's sake. I can read, and I'm not responsible for your typos. There is an edit function here
I notice you deflect from your misguided and thus wrong quote thinking I came up with the number I admittedly misquoted. Thats okay.....apologists do that....it just comes naturally to you.
wwwrealagriculture.com has US dairy subsidized at 73%. Canadian dairy policy is geared toward a secure domestic supply. Kind of like the many many US protectionist policies the white house has cooked up over the years. But because it is not the US doing it it is wrong ,illegal ,communist or a mixture of all three. US dairy policy is geared to good dog whistle politics come election time.
The USDA allows the use of Recombinant in your dairy herd to stimulate milk production. In early studies Recombinant has been linked to a possible increase of prostrate ,breast and colorectal cancers. Some liquid milk has been turned away because of the presence of this Recombinant crap. Crap that is banned just about every where else these days. Yes there are many reasons for not allowing US milk into Canada. But given the rate dairies have been filling for bankruptcy protection in the US.... the US will be struggling to produce enough for its domestic market