Consumer Reports on Vehicle Manufacturs.

/ Consumer Reports on Vehicle Manufacturs. #1  

Diamondpilot

Super Star Member
Tractor
Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work
Consumer Reports just released its 2010 data for the 2011 vehicle and manufactures. GM has made great strides which does not surprise me but is still trailing Ford for US manufactures bragging rights. Dodge/Chrysler is sill near the bottom out of all manufactures. Again, this does not surprise me.

I am not a big GM truck fan as many of you know but I will admit, and have for quite a while now, I am impressed with the car lineup. I drive just about every car made during the course of the year being a Corporate Pilot and flying to different destinations daily. So far this month I have personally rented 17 vehicles. Just last week I had a brand new, less than 100 miles, Chevy Malibu. What a improvement over anything else GM I had driven. I look under the hood, in the trunk, the body lines, and with GM especially how the interior is constructed and then installed. This car was top notch so my hats off to them.

Chris

Attachments

• CRx-large.jpg
    CRx-large.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 334
   / Consumer Reports on Vehicle Manufacturs. #2  
Looks like the Ram 1500 is the best Dodge model and the Titan is the worst Nissan model.

/ Consumer Reports on Vehicle Manufacturs. #3  
i wonder if the perceived gas peddle/floor mat issues was responsible for lowering the toyota rating by 3 spots?

/ Consumer Reports on Vehicle Manufacturs. #5  
I ain't sayin' nothin':D

/ Consumer Reports on Vehicle Manufacturs.
Remember, its 2011 models. I believe Nissan turned over the truck making to Dodge in 2010 but not sure. That was the rumor so I hurried up and bought mine in 09, a 08 left over before that happened.

I have a 08 Titan with no issues and just over 30,000 miles. Only been in the shop for a recall. I also wonder whey they say 2 wheel drive and the same for the Ram?

Chris

/ Consumer Reports on Vehicle Manufacturs. #7  
One of my opinions about Consumer Reports is that they are to politically correct.

/ Consumer Reports on Vehicle Manufacturs. #8  
One of my opinions about Consumer Reports is that they are to politically correct.

I also believe there are lobbiests involved......

/ Consumer Reports on Vehicle Manufacturs. #9  
I also believe there are lobbiests involved......

I really don't believe they are independent either. Anything Asian=good. Anything US=bad. This is the first time in my life I've seen any objective report from them on US manufacturers. Maybe because of the gov't money?..Who knows.

/ Consumer Reports on Vehicle Manufacturs. #10  
Firstly, in my opinion Consumer Reports isn't worth the paper it's printed on. Especially in the automotive world, you get much more in-depth analysis from people who actually understand cars and trucks from magazines like Motor Trend. Consumer Reports is fine for little appliances but I wouldn't take any car/truck recommendations from them.
Remember, its 2011 models. I believe Nissan turned over the truck making to Dodge in 2010 but not sure. That was the rumor so I hurried up and bought mine in 09, a 08 left over before that happened.
Nissan and Dodge were going to exchange vehicle manufacturing with Dodge rebadging RAM's as Nissan's in exchange for Dodge rebadging small Nissan cars. That deal was dissolved when Fiat acquired Chrysler since they will be making the next line of small cars for Dodge/Chrysler. Nissan will be redesigning the Titan for 2012 model year.
It's too bad because that Titan needs a good 400hp HEMI! :D