Cooking a Prime Rib roast in a Instant Pot???

/ Cooking a Prime Rib roast in a Instant Pot??? #11  
I couldn't think of a worse way to treat a rib roast.
Smoke and cover with foil
Smoke and oven
Braise and oven
Just a few ways I would cook it .

/ Cooking a Prime Rib roast in a Instant Pot??? #12  
I buy roasts on sale whenever I see them. It's about the cheapest way to eat beef these days. All cuts end up about the same in the slow cooker. Haven't wanted to shell out what they want for a steak a round here in a good long while.

/ Cooking a Prime Rib roast in a Instant Pot??? #13  
As Jeff Goldblum's character once said...."just because you can, doesn't mean you should"

/ Cooking a Prime Rib roast in a Instant Pot??? #14  
As Jeff Goldblum's character once said...."just because you can, doesn't mean you should"

big-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

/ Cooking a Prime Rib roast in a Instant Pot??? #15  

And he is so right. I have always maintained that just because you have freedom of speech (kneeling during the National Anthem for instance), doesn't mean that there won't be repercussions.

/ Cooking a Prime Rib roast in a Instant Pot??? #16  
I buy roasts on sale whenever I see them. It's about the cheapest way to eat beef these days. All cuts end up about the same in the slow cooker. Haven't wanted to shell out what they want for a steak a round here in a good long while.

So if putting a standing rib roast in a pot cooker makes it taste like an eye round I'm definitely out.

/ Cooking a Prime Rib roast in a Instant Pot??? #17  
And he is so right. I have always maintained that just because you have freedom of speech (kneeling during the National Anthem for instance), doesn't mean that there won't be repercussions.

:thumbsup: Thank you 2Lane . . .

/ Cooking a Prime Rib roast in a Instant Pot??? #18  
I'm just saying that I wouldn't put a high end roast in a slow cooker, but don't eat the cheapest either. However, they all turn out pretty much the same and we have never had a bad one. Not even half bad.

/ Cooking a Prime Rib roast in a Instant Pot??? #19  
I happened to be at the store on sunday looking for dinner. Saw a 2 rib prime rib roast on sale and grabbed it...

Crunched for time I tried the instant pot.... And I was pleasantly surprised how good it was. I love prime Rib and usually do it in the oven.... But this was very good.

Instant Pot Roast Beef | Tested by Amy + Jacky

The gravy was excellent as well. It was medium rare...i was shocked that I could do this in an instant pot

/ Cooking a Prime Rib roast in a Instant Pot???
Thanks... looks great. I understand both sides of this... Old school would oven cook. We have and it was great but.... Also understand many have no experience with a Instant Pot. We didnt when we bought ours and have been on a interesting adventure since. It dose what it does very well. Kind of like a air fryer. My wife would have no interest in it. Replaced our countertop toaster oven with one that also air frys.
She has been very impressed.

anyway might try this lonk with a regular roast first.