Cooking Mice

/ Cooking Mice #1  

Tpondel

Bronze Member
Tractor
Deere 3033r
Seems nearly every time I start the Deere 3033R I get grass, fur, lots of smoke and a burnt mouse smell coming from the exhaust stack.
The lid has a grate on it but there is definitely room in-between the actual pipe and the lid for vermin to climb down.

Does a mouse in the exhaust create potential engine issues? is there some sort of high temp grate that I can attach on the pipe itself to keep them out.

Thanks for your ideas and comments.

/ Cooking Mice #2  
Seems nearly every time I start the Deere 3033R I get grass, fur, lots of smoke and a burnt mouse smell coming from the exhaust stack.
The lid has a grate on it but there is definitely room in-between the actual pipe and the lid for vermin to climb down.

Does a mouse in the exhaust create potential engine issues? is there some sort of high temp grate that I can attach on the pipe itself to keep them out.

Thanks for your ideas and comments.
start it more often, kill 2 birds with one stone. the mice are not the problem it is what they bring in to make a nest (in the exhaust under the hood is a different story) that is the issue.

/ Cooking Mice #6  
I leave the hood open on my vehicles - tractor, pickup, riding mower. Mice seem to not like the open area. Keeps them out of the engine compartment, passenger compartment and exhaust.

/ Cooking Mice #7  
Might want to check engine area for mouse may have nest.

/ Cooking Mice #8  
yes, address the infestation before it consumes the wiring, good point. bucket over stack is no brainer

/ Cooking Mice
I check it often and so far no issue.

seems they like to come up the tires. Put the big sticky pads down today at each wheel and hopefully that helps.