Cooking Mice

/ Cooking Mice #11  
I've heard they taste like chicken...🤔
:ROFLMAO:

/ Cooking Mice #14  
Little buggers once packed my exhaust with pin oak acorns a few years ago. About the size of a marble. Upon startup they shot out like a blunder bust, ricocheting and bouncing about inside the metal equipment building. Quite lively entertainment for a moment figuring out what was going on. Fortunately no damage and a one time event so far. All evidence of the acorn massacre gone the next day.

/ Cooking Mice #15  
For all the bucket and flapper guys, the exhaust on the OP's tractor is a very short open pipe that terminates under the hood. There is a small gap between the pipe and a "floor drain grate" that is fastened into a hole in the hood.

/ Cooking Mice #16  
For all the bucket and flapper guys, the exhaust on the OP's tractor is a very short open pipe that terminates under the hood. There is a small gap between the pipe and a "floor drain grate" that is fastened into a hole in the hood.
steel wool wrapped around the end of the exhaust so that the wool forms a seal against the bottom of the grate. Mice cannot deal with coarse steel wool.

/ Cooking Mice
You guys got me thinking. How about stainless bird spikes? The kind you use in a barn. If flexible, wrap near the top of the pipe and secure with clamps.

even stuff some of that steel wool in between the spikes.

/ Cooking Mice #18  
Hardware cloth, bend over end of exhaust pipe, secure with SS hose clamp. Same thing I do on vehicles to keep them out of the intake.

/ Cooking Mice #19  
Mouse piss and exhaust valves protecting shiny cast iron cylinder walls and piston rings.

What could go wrong? 😂

/ Cooking Mice #20  
Little buggers once packed my exhaust with pin oak acorns a few years ago. About the size of a marble. Upon startup they shot out like a blunder bust, ricocheting and bouncing about inside the metal equipment building. Quite lively entertainment for a moment figuring out what was going on. Fortunately no damage and a one time event so far. All evidence of the acorn massacre gone the next day.

I had a similar experience with mice and the side-exit exhaust of my old JD 110 lawn mower. It had been in a shed at my parents' house for many years before I got it. They had put mouse poison in the shed, and at some point the mice collected the poison and rolled it into balls about the size of grapes and hid them in the 110's muffler unbeknownst to everybody. I wanted to see if the old 110 would run, so I put some fresh gas in it and jumped it. When it eventually started, it made a huge cloud of the stinkiest smoke I've ever smelled and blew half-burned long-dead mice and poison balls everywhere. It then ran like a champ.

I also shot a big old mouse nest out of the unload auger on a combine once too. That was a bit of a mess since those mice were still alive before the auger was engaged.