Cool Nature Photos

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,191  
To be able to build a building that is still used 800 years later is amazing. I'd be happy if my home is still here 100 years from now!!!!

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,192  
Tough job to pile up those rocks with any machine today. How it must have been done without machines is a wonder.
Many people today has a idea that everything was better in the past, most of them wouldn't lasted a day if they did manual labor.

Has a lot of tools and work methods that is a witness of how hard life was, most people didn't have any money, all they had was labour. Have old papers where people rented land and or housing and the valuta used was butter, it was a strict weight called smørskyld, literally translated butter debt and value of a kg of butter has really gone down in modern times ;)

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,193  
Here are the fjord, from here you can sail everywhere, this ca 7km drive from my farm.
IMG_20230414_180443189_HDR.jpg

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,194  
In Massachusetts, the older houses were built with everyone chipping in.
Neighbor decided to take a tree and create a beam with hand tools.
That took him forever, even with others chipping in a few hours.
Was fun to put the beam in place amongst the other beams from the 1800's

Seeing the church in your pictures, I'm sure it was built with everyone helping.
But life was rough 800 years ago with live expectancy of 50, if you were lucky.

A church, in the main square, looking so nice made the town proud.

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,196  
In Massachusetts, the older houses were built with everyone chipping in.
Neighbor decided to take a tree and create a beam with hand tools.
That took him forever, even with others chipping in a few hours.
Was fun to put the beam in place amongst the other beams from the 1800's

Seeing the church in your pictures, I'm sure it was built with everyone helping.
But life was rough 800 years ago with live expectancy of 50, if you were lucky.

A church, in the main square, looking so nice made the town proud.
Oh, this church was not built for the common man, this was a part of the elite and a part of the governance of the region, American religion is of and by the people, not so much in Europe, the church for the common man is sadly gone, it was a wooden stave church maybe like this:

Borgundstavkirke.jpg

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,198  
There was a loon drop event reported across Wi. This means they got there feathers loaded with ice and came down. Vast majority of them will die.