Cool Nature Photos

/ Cool Nature Photos
#2,541  
A photo I took (yes, it's real) of me and the wife at Hilton Head recently. It's nearing the end of Milky Way season here in the Northern hemisphere. Soon, the galactic core will not be visible above the horizon. The "season" runs from roughly February to October, depending on your longitude.

The moon had not yet risen when I took this shot, which would have made the contrast in the sky a lot poorer. And the ocean spray (as seen in the distance) had not yet enveloped everything at my location quite yet, making this shot possible. It was more-or-less pitch black when I took this photo. Barely enough light to see the outline of the tripod and camera to know where to look while holding very still.

This is a single, 10-second exposure. I did not falsely edit any of the sky. Those are the true colors of the galactic core of the Milky Way. I only masked the sky separately from the foreground while adjusting contrast and exposure to make my wife and I more visible while not losing detail in the sky.
2023-09-04_21-26-34_14734.jpg

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,543  
Impressive picture!!!! Do you two do this in other places?

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,544  
A photo I took (yes, it's real) of me and the wife at Hilton Head recently. It's nearing the end of Milky Way season here in the Northern hemisphere. Soon, the galactic core will not be visible above the horizon. The "season" runs from roughly February to October, depending on your longitude.

The moon had not yet risen when I took this shot, which would have made the contrast in the sky a lot poorer. And the ocean spray (as seen in the distance) had not yet enveloped everything at my location quite yet, making this shot possible. It was more-or-less pitch black when I took this photo. Barely enough light to see the outline of the tripod and camera to know where to look while holding very still.

This is a single, 10-second exposure. I did not falsely edit any of the sky. Those are the true colors of the galactic core of the Milky Way. I only masked the sky separately from the foreground while adjusting contrast and exposure to make my wife and I more visible while not losing detail in the sky.View attachment 819841
Darn that's a nice shot!!! (y) (y)

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,546  
Best time of the year is when the bulls are bugling!!!!