Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #421  

I also found a really tine blue bottle in the dirt in the garden. It's only about 1.5-1.7" tall. I've never seen another one like it and we frequent a LOT of antique/junk/flee market type places.
Here's the little blue bottle. Probably some sort of medicine bottle. Anyhow, I've not found one exactly like this anywhere else.

2D385870-F675-4989-996A-5E1CBB6F7DB1.jpeg

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #422  
My father in law found a "stone" that was perfectly round, whitish colored, about the size of a golf ball but smooth on his rural property.

The "stone" had NASA on the stone. I can't remember if it was carved into the stone or just "painted" on the stone.

The mystery was did the "stone" actually fall from the sky, which is hard to believe, or did one of his buddies or someone else, leave it for him to find. Flip side, how would they know he would find it in the woods?

Later,
Dan
This might not be the same but I have seen a. number of golf ball sized round white rocks turn up in northern Ohio. They looked just like a round rock. My BIL gave one to me and said it was from indians long ago. I believed that but later heard they were the used stones that paint companies used to mix their white lead paint. Rocks weren't round or white when they started but looked like that when they were done mixing. I still have one but can't find it. Maybe that's your rock and maybe someone knows more about it.

A quick search showed others have found 1.5" white rocks so maybe?

Last edited:
   / Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #423  
Here's the little blue bottle. Probably some sort of medicine bottle. Anyhow, I've not found one exactly like this anywhere else.

View attachment 741761
Merthiolate or mercurochrome perhaps 🤔. Probably wasn’t a time in my youth that some merthiolate wasn’t painted on me somewhere. My dad sold a lot of both in his drug store. Mercurochrome was for sissy’s. :)

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #424  
Merthiolate or mercurochrome perhaps 🤔. Probably wasn’t a time in my youth that some merthiolate wasn’t painted on me somewhere. My dad sold a lot of both in his drug store. Mercurochrome was for sissy’s. :)
Yeah, Bag Balm had mercury in it too. Good antibiotic, as long as you don't need your nerve cells. I still have some lead arsenate insecticide they used on vegetable crops a century ago.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #425  
From my experiences digging in the trash heaps along the Yukon R & Bonanza Cr ( Yukon territory/Dawson) - a small blue bottle was usually some type of very strong medicine. Mercury, opium or arsenic based.

Check on the internet - it could be quite unique and even of some value.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #426  
Oh, I've checked multiple times over the years. I find many similar, but none the exact same shape and size. Maybe it was from Dr. Barbie's milk of magnesia? 🤣

Anyhow, it popped up in the soft dirt after a tiller pass and I found it on the return run many years ago in our garden. Who knows? I keep it on the shelves with my wife's toothpick holder collections.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #427  
Well - I don't think it's cool or creepy. But I have one inch of fresh April 14th snow in my yard. Where is that darn sun???

I had 7" on the 11th and snow every day since. Doesn't stick but there are a few drift remnants till around of the 11th. Drove through a couple heavy showers this morning, one enough to cut visibility for a few minutes.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #428  
This might not be the same but I have seen a. number of golf ball sized round white rocks turn up in northern Ohio. They looked just like a round rock. My BIL gave one to me and said it was from indians long ago. I believed that but later heard they were the used stones that paint companies used to mix their white lead paint. Rocks weren't round or white when they started but looked like that when they were done mixing. I still have one but can't find it. Maybe that's your rock and maybe someone knows more about it.

A quick search showed others have found 1.5" white rocks so maybe?
Back when I worked in a research lab, we had these rolling ball mills that used balls, some of which were hard, white ceramic, as the grinding media.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #429  
Oh, I've checked multiple times over the years. I find many similar, but none the exact same shape and size. Maybe it was from Dr. Barbie's milk of magnesia? 🤣

Anyhow, it popped up in the soft dirt after a tiller pass and I found it on the return run many years ago in our garden. Who knows? I keep it on the shelves with my wife's toothpick holder collections.
Cool bottle! I am glad that it survived tilling.

You can kind of bracket the dates on it, as it has a screw cap, rather than a cork, the threads are very sharp, but there is some glass flash along the mold lines. I would go with pocket sized Dr. Barbie's milk of magnesia, or bromoseltzer, or Vick's vaporub. I kind of lean to the latter to explain why it was where you found it, but who knows? Great find.

All the best,

Peter

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #430