Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #11  
Back about 10 years, a prostitute run up to my tractor early one Saturday morning in a farm field. Her clothes were ripped and she was clearly beaten. She told me 2 guys picked her up in Philly and dumped her in my little hometown 25 miles away.
I called the police for her and they came and got her. Chief called me later that day and told me she was given a ride back to Philly.
Broke my heart to see the abuse this poor woman endured, then dumped in a field like that.
Hugged my daughter as I always do that evening before I put my kids to bed. I kept thinking that poor woman is someone’s daughter, sister, or mother. :cry:

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #12  
A few days after we moved to our new place one of our horses came wandering ddown to the house with a spear in her neck, no idea where it came from and spent a couple of weeks going over evry square foot of ground, never found anything, we have a dam but the horses do not go into that paddock, it was a single barbed spike on a broken off wooden pole, vet came and removed the spear from her neck and some money from my wallet.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #13  
In the late 60's I found a pair of drop tanks from the wings off of a P-51 Mustang when out deer hunting in a very remote portion of southern AZ. They looked like they had been there a long time, no paint left on them, but were in surprisingly good condition.

Not quite 20 years later while on a deployment in southern N.M., we found an old abandoned missile launch site and found a way down into it. We were exploring around while off duty and it was pretty cool at the time. CO was worried about critters taking up residence in there, so told us to stop messing around in it.

While passing through White Sands Missile Range we found some old shot up targets, armored vehicles and trucks. We also found the original nuke test site, which was fenced off by then, but they had the old containment pipe sitting outside the fence. The containment pipe was massively thick steel pipe that was supposed to sit around the outside of the bomb and contain the nuclear material if the bomb went off but nuclear reaction didn't occur. They wanted to be able to save the nuclear material and reuse it if the bomb didn't work. In the end they decided not to use the containment pipe at all, thinking that it would skew the results of the test and limit the blast radius if the bomb did in fact go nuclear (it did).

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #14  
Back about 10 years, a prostitute run up to my tractor early one Saturday morning in a farm field. Her clothes were ripped and she was clearly beaten. She told me 2 guys picked her up in Philly and dumped her in my little hometown 25 miles away.
I called the police for her and they came and got her. Chief called me later that day and told me she was given a ride back to Philly.
Broke my heart to see the abuse this poor woman endured, then dumped in a field like that.
Hugged my daughter as I always do that evening before I put my kids to bed. I kept thinking that poor woman is someone’s daughter, sister, or mother. :cry:
Yeah, that's disturbing. About 35 years ago my wife and I were driving along and saw a naked woman screaming and crying while running down the shoulder of the road towards us. Fortunately, a cop was right in front of us and was already out of his car and put his coat around her. Very disturbing.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #15  
Yeah, that's disturbing. About 35 years ago my wife and I were driving along and saw a naked woman screaming and crying while running down the shoulder of the road towards us. Fortunately, a cop was right in front of us and was already out of his car and put his coat around her. Very disturbing.
Easy for some of us to make fun of. Then you see the human tragedy up close and it changes you.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #16  
Now we're getting into the macabre. About 40 years ago I was sitting at a red light when I noticed a woman walking rapidly down the sidewalk who kept looking over her shoulder at a guy who was following her. About that time a town PD cruiser pulled up across from me and noticing the same, went through the light and also started following her. For some reason that has always stuck with me and I've gone over and over it in my head. Had the cop not shown up I hope that I would have pulled up beside her and offered a ride to the police station.

It's funny how much cell phones have changed things.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #17  
Not in the woods, but I used to work with a girl who found a shoe on the beach at Lake Michigan back in the early 70s. There was a human foot in it.

I also was friends with a guy that was building a 68 charger out of 2 wrecks in high school. He found a human foot under the dash of one of them.

Back to the woods...

I've found a lot of RR stuff like spikes and plates and small pieces of rail laying in our woods along the old RR grade.

Tilling our garden I felt a THUNK and found a cool little hatchet/hammer/nail puller thingy. If I remember, I'll take a picture of it tomorrow.

I also found a really tine blue bottle in the dirt in the garden. It's only about 1.5-1.7" tall. I've never seen another one like it and we frequent a LOT of antique/junk/flee market type places.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #18  
I found a big chunk of coal out in the woods years ago. I had to look at my GPS to see that there was a road there at one time, the coal was most likely for a Lombard Log hauler.
1647736417609.png

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #19  
   / Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property
Not in the woods, but I used to work with a girl who found a shoe on the beach at Lake Michigan back in the early 70s. There was a human foot in it.

I also was friends with a guy that was building a 68 charger out of 2 wrecks in high school. He found a human foot under the dash of one of them.

Back to the woods...

I've found a lot of RR stuff like spikes and plates and small pieces of rail laying in our woods along the old RR grade.

Tilling our garden I felt a THUNK and found a cool little hatchet/hammer/nail puller thingy. If I remember, I'll take a picture of it tomorrow.

I also found a really tine blue bottle in the dirt in the garden. It's only about 1.5-1.7" tall. I've never seen another one like it and we frequent a LOT of antique/junk/flee market type places.
Wasn't there a few feet in and out of shoes washed up on the shore of Washington State and British Columbia?? A weird phenomenon for sure.
Wouldn't be surprised at a shoe in a car wreck I guess.

Did the hatchet/hammer/nail puller look like this?
Available at Lee Valley Tools in Canada (a very cool tool specialty and custom designed (have their own inventors) supplier that ships world wide and has a store front in Ottawa - real rags to riches story for Mr. Lee as well).
I had one in the car for years and didn't use it once. Gave it to a friend who thought it was some rare antique :)

1647736599336.png