Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #331  
I just got rid of my 93. We now have a 2003. Both K1500s. Hands down, the 2003 is a better vehicle. More powerful, smoother, more comfortable, quieter, easier to drive.

Tow capacity of the 93 was 6500#.
Tow capacity of the 03 is 8600#.
Tow mode on the transmission.
On the fly pushbutton transfer case.
Auto 4WD mode.
Between 185-210 HP on the 93 with 5.7 TBI.
285HP on the 03 with 5.3 Vortec.

It's just a better truck.
Are you sure it's rated for 8,600# and not 7100#?
Everything I found said that the 1500s were all rated for 7100# or less (our 2005 1500 is rated for 7100#).

Aaron Z

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #332  
Found a porcelain, french made, doll's head, in the middle my woods. Completely intact. It had moving eyes. I cleaned it up and put new springs in the eyes and then regrettably, thinking about it now, I sold it for only 400 dollars on eBay. I guess it was rare? There were no houses in this area, aside from a cabin that must have used an older road then we use. We can't find traces of it this road or how it worked maybe it was not a road, but a horse path? In the early 1900's, still this cabin shows up on old maps. I've never found the site of this cabin, as to where it should be on the old maps and none of the neighbors have also, though we know where it should have been. Its long gone with no trace. Porcelain is very resiliant. So this discovery was extremely interesting. Wish I knew the story to it..

Last edited:
   / Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property
I looked but couldn't find a picture of a porcelain doll like you describe that has been handed down for 3 or 4 generations in my family.
My sister has it. Eyes close as you tilt it back and has most realistic looking front teeth I have ever seen.
No idea where it originated or how old it is but I guess early 1900s based on the hand-me-down timeline.

Sound familiar?

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property
Since it's "Cool & creepy things found on your property"...would a gorilla classify?
In 1952 my birth year, a train derailed off of Lawyers Road, Lynchburg Virginia carrying Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey circus animals and 35 gorillas escaped into the woods literally 2 miles from our farm!!!!!
Gorillas terrorized area residents for the next 30 years.
My brother was 3 years old at the time and Dad took him downtown to watch the train arrive, then later to the circus.
Unfortunately (or fortunately)...the story was and isn't true.
The circus in later years set up in a neighbors pasture across from ours and as a kid every year I'd help them set up chairs, etc. for tickets to see the show.
The next day I'd walk over watching the elephants pull up tent stakes, that afternoon walk around finding dropped coins, etc., left behind.
I just now took a picture of a folding chair I found there and kept.
Bottom line is not all internet research and/or stories are true!

View attachment 741120View attachment 741121View attachment 741122View attachment 741123
I'd say that qualifies..
Neat old chairs. Did you find them years later or took one when the circus was packing up?
Maybe a RB Circus museum or something might be interested? If there is such a thing.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #335  
Yes, it was the teeth that was interesting. All the teeth were well defined. :) I Found a proof in the skull, that traced it to some french manufacturer. But I don't remember much about it otherwise. This was twenty years ago. :)

Last edited:
   / Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #336  
Are you sure it's rated for 8,600# and not 7100#?
Everything I found said that the 1500s were all rated for 7100# or less (our 2005 1500 is rated for 7100#).

Aaron Z
I don't know how I came up with that. It's 7100# with the 3.73 and 8100# with the 4.10.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #337  
I don't know how I came up with that. It's 7100# with the 3.73 and 8100# with the 4.10.

Here's the page from our manual.

5C96C430-0ED4-41FC-B1D6-1FAA88B36AC6.jpeg

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #338  
I'd say that qualifies..
Neat old chairs. Did you find them years later or took one when the circus was packing up?
Maybe a RB Circus museum or something might be interested? If there is such a thing.
I helped circus day before they opened. They usually ran circus for a few days, maybe a week then moved on. The day they moved I watched them pack up then leave. That afternoon I'd go back looking for stuff left behind which is when I found the chair. I tell people top is chewed up since it was the lion tamers chair .
I found a guy's checkbook, called him, he came to house and insisted on giving me $20! I almost passed out...$20 was a lot of money for a kid back then.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #339  
A plane went down on my property about 15 years ago, when the engine completely dislodged from the aircraft. It spiralled down, crashing into the dense vegetation and rough terrain. I will never forget watching that event happen.
My neighbour was a bit tipsy at the time, and he had failed to properly secure the engine into the compartment of his expensive remote control model aircraft.
The airplane was recovered.
Sadly, even with the offer of a $10 finders' fee, the Search Party, consisting primarily of my 3 spry and financially motivated children (ages 9,8,6 years) was unsuccessful in their efforts to locate and recover the plane's engine. They were rewarded with ice cream for their efforts though. Fifteen years later this engine mystery remains unsolved.
I have regularly searched the circumference of the crash site with a bladed brush cutter, a brush hog, and with my trusty hound. I'm certain that the unrecovered engine sits in a rubble of ground cover, probably 10 - 12 inches deep.
The Finder's Fee is no longer applicable as my neighbour has since passed. (true story - when he died about 10 yrs ago, his son's fulfilled his last wish, and shot his cremated remains out of a potato cannon, into the local fishing hole that had been his favourite place in the world. That lake has been completely re-stocked in recent years, so I can once again eat the fish that we catch)
With my luck, I will discover that engine along the horse trail, this summer.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #340  
So this thread is about escaped circus gorillas that never existed, rare porcelain french dolls with moving eyes and Moss’s Suburban’s tow rating?

Mmm hmm….sounds like a typical TBN thread to me!