Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #342  
Good point on the gearing difference, pretty sure ours is 3.73.

Aaron Z
I'd have liked to have found a 2500 with the 8.1.
12,000# tow rating.
However, I'm happy with this one.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #343  
The rare thing I wish I could find. 23 years ago, I was out mowing and the sun had set, and there was just enough light for me to see. I saw a flash from behind me, and just for a split second, turned and saw what appeared to be space trash falling in to my tree line on the other side of the property. It didn't make any noise, and came in at a very low angle. I looked for it for days, but never found a trace of it. I'm sure it was space trash, as there were many colors to the light it gave off: Blues, Reds and Green colors, telling me it was made of different materials. The distance may have been an optical illusion. It might have fallen miles away. :) At the time though, I was sure it landed on my property.

Last edited:
   / Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #344  
So this thread is about escaped circus gorillas that never existed, rare porcelain french dolls with moving eyes and Moss’s Suburban’s tow rating?

Mmm hmm….sounds like a typical TBN thread to me!
No. That would be a circus gorilla driving Moss's Suburban with a load of rare porcelain French dolls.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #345  
Speaking of space trash, I was going to work one morning, and as I was backing out of the driveway, a chunk of ice, about as big as a football, hit the roof of the house and bounced on to the yard. It had places on it that indicated it had come from an airplane (imprints in the ice), but the FAA would hear none of it!

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #346  
In 2017 I had a turkey adopt me. That's right! I live VERY rural - no close neighbors - and one day came home to find a big turkey wandering around the place. At that time I was still working and had no livestock of any sort - no cows, chickens, nothing as far as animals on my place so I don't know why he chose my place. It was obvious he had belonged to someone because he was definitely not afraid of humans. I put out the word to all my neighbors but no one claimed him. I have a big place - a lot of acres - and outbuildings but no, he decided he wanted to be where I was. He lived on my deck; whatever room I was in he would be looking in through the window. And what an alarm clock! Well before sunup each morning the gobbling would start, and this old boy was LOUD! I wouldn't have minded having him around if he stayed away from the house - but when he took a dump it was always on my deck and it was HUGE. Finally I got a neighbor to come over, put him in a dog kennel, and take him to his place where there were other turkeys. I had to pressure wash my deck after he was gone!
P1100144r (2).jpg

P1100169r.jpg

Looking at me through the window.
P1100157er.jpg

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #347  
The blue ice thingy, I don't think is real. Its an urban myth.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #348  
Since it's "Cool & creepy things found on your property"...would a gorilla classify?
In 1952 my birth year, a train derailed off of Lawyers Road, Lynchburg Virginia carrying Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey circus animals and 35 gorillas escaped into the woods literally 2 miles from our farm!!!!!
Gorillas terrorized area residents for the next 30 years.
My brother was 3 years old at the time and Dad took him downtown to watch the train arrive, then later to the circus.
Unfortunately (or fortunately)...the story was and isn't true.
The circus in later years set up in a neighbors pasture across from ours and as a kid every year I'd help them set up chairs, etc. for tickets to see the show.
The next day I'd walk over watching the elephants pull up tent stakes, that afternoon walk around finding dropped coins, etc., left behind.
I just now took a picture of a folding chair I found there and kept.
Bottom line is not all internet research and/or stories are true!

View attachment 741120View attachment 741121View attachment 741122View attachment 741123

The first thing that almost screams "false" is the number. No circus would have that many gorillas. I doubt there is any zoo with that many.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #349  
Folded the middle seats down, slid the rear seat forward, slid the new water heater in the back of the Suburban, closed the doors and drove home in the rain. Picked it up for my mother in-law. Fun weekend project.
That sounds like a fair trade?

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property
No. That would be a circus gorilla driving Moss's Suburban with a load of rare porcelain French dolls.
What's the weight rating on a suburban?