Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property
In 2017 I had a turkey adopt me. That's right! I live VERY rural - no close neighbors - and one day came home to find a big turkey wandering around the place. At that time I was still working and had no livestock of any sort - no cows, chickens, nothing as far as animals on my place so I don't know why he chose my place. It was obvious he had belonged to someone because he was definitely not afraid of humans. I put out the word to all my neighbors but no one claimed him. I have a big place - a lot of acres - and outbuildings but no, he decided he wanted to be where I was. He lived on my deck; whatever room I was in he would be looking in through the window. And what an alarm clock! Well before sunup each morning the gobbling would start, and this old boy was LOUD! I wouldn't have minded having him around if he stayed away from the house - but when he took a dump it was always on my deck and it was HUGE. Finally I got a neighbor to come over, put him in a dog kennel, and take him to his place where there were other turkeys. I had to pressure wash my deck after he was gone!
View attachment 741211

View attachment 741212

Looking at me through the window.
View attachment 741213
That's pretty cool.
The second picture is sort of ironic. A turkey posing beside a stump with a hatchet lodged in it. :)

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #352  
The first thing that almost screams "false" is the number. No circus would have that many gorillas. I doubt there is any zoo with that many.
I'm sure that included the carnys and the bearded lady...at least the ones I worked with.
I remember setting up a bunch of folding chairs and behind me heard #%&!#>*& the worst cursing I've ever heard. Looked around and a clown with a huge red smile got his size 22 yellow shoe caught in one.

Ok, so google says 1.5 to 4lbs for a porcelain doll (doesn't specify French).
At the high end that's 8548 lbs.
Will the Suburban hold that ok? :)

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #356  
What's the weight rating on a suburban?
I have a buddy that drives a 4wd Suburban on the 3/4 ton chassis. I don't know that the weight rating is, but I would call it "adequate." I have seen him fill the back with plywood.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #357  
It is interesting to see a moderator, side line a thread. To me, this is fun to see. You don't see it often.

Here's the old doll I mentioned. Circa 1945 based on net research my sister did.

1649632046231.png

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #360  
Here's the old doll I mentioned. Circa 1945 based on net research my sister did.

View attachment 741231
My mother has a couple of dolls from that vintage, the eyes open and close which was a big deal back then. I hope that she lives forever, there are a lot of things in the house which have accumulated since my grandfather built it back in 1927. We've cleaned out most of the junk which was easy, now there's all of that old family things which she is sentimental about but which I couldn't care less. Pliers and a fruit picker with notes on them saying they were her father's...