Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #471  
our farm was on top of a ridge above a canyon. Great fun rolling large rocks over the edge. Never gave a thought about what was happening down below. There was a farm there.
(y) (y)

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #472  
We need a thread for the stupid things we did in our youth and somehow survived. No grisly stuff though. Fun but stupid.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #473  
I scrambled up a tree and out under a branch about 10-15' up. Hanging by my feet and hands. Last thing I remember is CRACK!

Woke up on a cot being carried home by a bunch of kids and my mom.

Apparently, the branch broke and I landed flat on my back. Knocked me out. My friends went and got my mom. Mom had them get the cot from our house. You'd think they'd have called an ambulance. :unsure:

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #475  
Hmm. I would bet on another mill owner. If you were trying to reuse the stone, winching it from tree to tree with a couple of rollers would be pretty easy. Lots of anchors, and safe resting points. Rolling a stone uphill sounds like a recipe for uncontrolled descent to me.
If it was another mill owner, why leave the stone after they put in a huge amount of work to get the stone up the ridge? Yeah, getting that stone up hill was asking for trouble, but kids will be kids, if kids did move the stone. We did stoooopid stuff as kids, and somehow, must of us, survived. :eek: :(😁:ROFLMAO:

That all grinding stone has some stories to tell but it ain't talking! :eek::ROFLMAO:

Later,
Dan

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property
" We all cringed. Tire launches into the air, bounces off the roof of the beetle, continues through the air, vanishing into the bushes on the far side of the road like a ghost."
And you guys vanished into the bushes on the other side?? :)

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property
For your viewing and remembering pleasure...

I thought that was going to be waste of time. Turns out I rather enjoyed it LOL.
Wonder what it cost for the ramps? Justified I guess if they roll lots of other things down it
like shopping carts, soup cans, whatever.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #478  
If it was another mill owner, why leave the stone after they put in a huge amount of work to get the stone up the ridge? Yeah, getting that stone up hill was asking for trouble, but kids will be kids, if kids did move the stone. We did stoooopid stuff as kids, and somehow, must of us, survived. :eek: :(😁:ROFLMAO:

That all grinding stone has some stories to tell but it ain't talking! :eek::ROFLMAO:

Later,
Dan
It is all grist to the mill...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

All the best,

Peter

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #480  
I thought that was going to be waste of time. Turns out I rather enjoyed it LOL.
Wonder what it cost for the ramps? Justified I guess if they roll lots of other things down it
like shopping carts, soup cans, whatever.
The title gives it away... It's a ski jumping ramp. Likely an Olympic training site. The actual take- off ramp for the tires was temporary witness the mess it made when the loader tire demolished it at take-off.