Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property
The title gives it away... It's a ski jumping ramp. Likely an Olympic training site. The actual take- off ramp for the tires was temporary witness the mess it made when the loader tire demolished it at take-off.
You read the title??
Yeah, I figured it was a ski ramp. I was just trying to be clever.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #482  
Found a sasquatch track when sweeping the barn today. I believe it would have been me, when the barn was remodeled in 1965. There's another larger one closer to the door - sister sasquatch.

Screenshot_20220422-165106.png

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #483  
^^^^
They must be heavier than I realized, to leave a track in 50+ YO concrete!!!!

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #484  
3 naked girls were hiding in the brush behind the home. Darn, they got out of their pen again. Glad the garden wasn't in yet. :)

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #485  
Several (well, a BUNCH) of stuff was left on my place, that escaped the WW2 scrap drives. Horse drawn manure spreader (only the metal is left), belt drive cement mixer, cultivators, rolls of barbed wired and other fencing. This 42" steel tractor wheel, with a big maple growing up through it. Would take some serious surgery to free it.

Attachments

• Wheel.jpg
    Wheel.jpg
    471.6 KB · Views: 96
   / Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #486  
I watched a kid let a tire go. We were all watching it. Half way down the hill, a white VW beetle comes around the curve on the gravel road. YIKES! Tire hits the culvert just as the beetle is passing. Dead straight line would have taken a direct hit on the passenger door. We all cringed. Tire launches into the air, bounces off the roof of the beetle, continues through the air, vanishing into the bushes on the far side of the road like a ghost.

BOOMP!!

The beetle just keeps driving like nothing happened. Didn't even slow down. I don't think they ever saw it coming or going.
Growing up one of my neighbors had a slaughter house on his farm, there was a big pile of cow skulls next to it. Was maybe 14 at the time, a friend and I for whatever reason grabbed a few of them and decided we'd pile them in the middle of the road (dirt road, maybe 1½ lanes wide), then hide in the woods and see what passersby did. First few cars just drove around them, so I figured I'd spread them out a bit. Was almost to the road (but still somewhat hidden in the woods) when a car stopped, a (really p/o'ed) guy jumped out and started heaving the skulls at a large boulder on the opposite side of the road from where we were. I dropped down on the ground behind a stone wall. I guess he figured we were hiding there because he was yelling something to the effect that he hoped he'd hit us on the &¶©^% head, "%^$#% kids" then drove off. He never saw me. My friend, who was still further back in the woods was laughing his @ss off.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #487  
Several (well, a BUNCH) of stuff was left on my place, that escaped the WW2 scrap drives. Horse drawn manure spreader (only the metal is left), belt drive cement mixer, cultivators, rolls of barbed wired and other fencing. This 42" steel tractor wheel, with a big maple growing up through it. Would take some serious surgery to free it.
decent size tree around that wheel!!

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #488  
I went to an air show in OKC, maybe 25 years ago, and there was a recently restored, fully airworthy, Japanese Zero fighter plane there. I talked to the pilot; he told me they found it in a remote area of the Solomon islands, and had a palm tree growing up through the middle of it. Friend of mine bought a '62 Chevy convertible in the same shape; although it wasn't a palm tree.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #489  
6802ADD6-0268-496B-A853-07A22DA09E20.jpeg I thought these were kind of neat, found just off a RR r/w.
Then again this is the latest I’ve been up in years... probably this century; so I might not find them so interesting tomorrow.🤪

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #490  
Growing up one of my neighbors had a slaughter house on his farm, there was a big pile of cow skulls next to it. Was maybe 14 at the time, a friend and I for whatever reason grabbed a few of them and decided we'd pile them in the middle of the road (dirt road, maybe 1½ lanes wide), then hide in the woods and see what passersby did. First few cars just drove around them, so I figured I'd spread them out a bit. Was almost to the road (but still somewhat hidden in the woods) when a car stopped, a (really p/o'ed) guy jumped out and started heaving the skulls at a large boulder on the opposite side of the road from where we were. I dropped down on the ground behind a stone wall. I guess he figured we were hiding there because he was yelling something to the effect that he hoped he'd hit us on the &¶©^% head, "%^$#% kids" then drove off. He never saw me. My friend, who was still further back in the woods was laughing his @ss off.

Heck, I'm laughing just reading about it!