Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property
Thought I'd give this thread a bump and see if we get any fresh "weird stuff found in the bush" stories

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #492  
Remains of one of two lion-killed deer on my place....
P1120889r.jpg

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #494  
Snow Beaver? First one I ever saw out of his pond middle of winter nor did I think they could plow that much snow fast. Lol

Attachments

• 7731.jpeg
    7731.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 87
   / Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #495  
^^^
They will come out if there's an opening in the ice. A few years ago I came across tracks from several coyotes and it was obvious that one or more was bleeding. I happened to be going in the same direction they came from and found where they had gotten between a beaver and his house. They eventually got him but based on the amount of blood around it appeared that he went down hard.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #496  
I found a dead beaver carcass maybe 50' behind my house last spring. Not sure why it was there (it's a good 1/4 mi+ to any body of water), or how it died. Scooped it up in the FEL and dumped it a ways back in the woods. A couple weeks later it was gone, I'm suspecting a bear...I saw one poking around where the carcass was a couple days after I'd removed it. Sorry, no photos.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #498  
Three years ago. Down the road checking/updating one of my Geocaches. Off in the nearby bushes - an abandoned car. I could not resist - opened the trunk. Large plastic bags - full of Marijuana. Came back home - called the police.

It was a stolen and abandoned car. I don't think they ever found out much about the MJ. In retrospect - I was probably very lucky that nobody was still in or around the car. LEO had to come and check on me - I guess, to ensure I wasn't the person who stole the car or who owned the MJ.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #499  
I was probably very lucky that nobody was still in or around the car. LEO had to come and check on me
That's one of the biggest reasons I am thankful that it's become legal on the state level here. I don't know of anybody who has come across a "patch" in the woods. It was pretty frustrating to be trying to do your job and have to suddenly abort because you came across some :censored: patch. They were known to get pretty belligerent.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #500  
MJ is just ONE of the things I don't feel moved enough to keep up with. I'm pretty sure the stuff is still not legal in WA state. About six years ago - three REAL IDIOTS ( Larry, Moe & Curley types ) tried setting up a MJ growing operation right across the county road from my driveway. I visited once. That was enough. It didn't last long. They weren't making enough $$$ on MJ sales to pay the loan on the property. After about three months something went terribly wrong - their entire operation burned to the ground. No great loss.