Cool Seat

/ Cool Seat #1  

pacerron

Veteran Member
Tractor
CNH 4020
Has anyone come up with a workable solution to having a cool seat in this hot humid weather on an open tractor?
I try to do as much in early morning and evening as possible but too much to do to waste the hot daylight hours by not using the tractor then. Even with a canopy, which helps alot, this weather gets you soaking wet in a few minutes on the vinyl seats. I had a circa 1970 car seat pad with wood balls that I used for years but wore it out and it was not friendly to the vinyl seat.
Looking today at auto stores, they have nothing that could be cut down or that would hold up in the tractor environment.
I see on the internet pads with fans in them but the dust and dirt would clog them up in a hurry. Looking for stadium pads, office chair pads, and medical pads I see a product that has crystals in it that become liquid over time as you sit on them pulling the heat away. Has anyone had experience with these
or anything else that works?
Ron

/ Cool Seat #3  
I found this seat to be perfect. It's inexpensive, cool, and fits my TC45D seat perfectly. I just ordered two more from Amazon so I'd get the great price and free shipping. You won't look like you just wet your pants if you use one of these.;)

/ Cool Seat #4  
I found this seat to be perfect. It's inexpensive, cool, and fits my TC45D seat perfectly. I just ordered two more from Amazon so I'd get the great price and free shipping. You won't look like you just wet your pants if you use one of these.;)

Thanks to an earlier recommendation on Jim's part, I ordered two of these covers -- one for my tractor and one for my ZTR. They have been delivered and seem to be well-constructed. I will see how they fit when I get back to my farm next week.

Steve

/ Cool Seat
Jim,
Thanks for the url. If the cover absorbs Texan sweat this summer it must be good. A shower at lunch, supper, and bedtime feels good but takes a lot of water as does the 3 complete clothing changes and washes to go with it.
I had to look up your "man of the month picture" to see the seat on your TD45. The pics on Amazon only show the cover on yard tractors and I am concerned about the size. Would it fit on your Yellow New Holland driver's seat?
My seat is the standard 15" front to back by 18" wide by 4-5" thick. The back is 18" x 18" x 3-4" plus another 3" for a box to cover the lift springs. Has a big knob on the front to adjust tension according to operator weight.
The review cautions to let it air dry. Would putting it in a clothes dryer at meal times for a quick dry destroy it.
Ron

/ Cool Seat #6  
Ron, as long as you don't have armrests, I think the cover will fit just fine. It might fit with armrests, but I'm not sure. I'll try to remember to measure my seat tomorrow, but it is a high back somewhat like yours. I'll shoot a cellphone photo too. The covers have a combination of elastic and a drawstring that make them quite flexible. Mine has been on my TC45D for over two years and has faded, but not deteriorated by the sun. It's one tough cover.

/ Cool Seat #8  
Ron, here are photos of the cover. The first one is my seat with the 2-yr+ seat cover installed. The second photo is that old seat cover removed so you can see my seat style and size. The third is the new seat cover installed that I just ordered from Amazon as a spare. The next photo is the back side of the seat cover showing the two vented pockets, and the final photo is the box and the storage pouch that the cover comes in. You can't beat it for $20 if it will fit your tractor.

Attachments

• SeatCover-00.jpg
    SeatCover-00.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 235
  • SeatCover-01.jpg
    SeatCover-01.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 193
  • SeatCover-02.jpg
    SeatCover-02.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 306
  • SeatCover-03.jpg
    SeatCover-03.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 216
  • SeatCover-04.jpg
    SeatCover-04.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 189
   / Cool Seat
Jim,
Thanks for the pictures of the seat cover. Looks like it has room to fit my seat even though specs say 15" back height. We can always use it on the JD yard tractor or the Ford 3910 if it doesn't fit the CNH 4020.
I was at Tractor Supply today and got 3- 110 long by 7 foot high rolls of Dupont Green Vista Deer Mesh. Looks flimsy but I tried pulling it apart and would have cut myself with it long before it broke. Only $19 per roll. I will probably just use pieces of used nylon baling cord to tie it to the posts. The wife wraps the cord off the hay rolls on a stick, kite cord fashion, in the horsebarn and it is really handy for the garden and many other things.
Thanks again for all your help.
Your yard looks great. Glad you have plenty of water.
We are down over 400 feet to an underground river called the "Big Injin" and have plenty of water too. Any deeper around here is salt water.
Ron

/ Cool Seat #10  
Ron, here are photos of the cover. The first one is my seat with the 2-yr+ seat cover installed. The second photo is that old seat cover removed so you can see my seat style and size. The third is the new seat cover installed that I just ordered from Amazon as a spare. The next photo is the back side of the seat cover showing the two vented pockets, and the final photo is the box and the storage pouch that the cover comes in. You can't beat it for $20 if it will fit your tractor.

Hey Jim, that looks nice! I may have to look into that...Looks like it would fit my BX...:thumbsup: