Coolant Leak 2210D

/ Coolant Leak 2210D
I just need to dig in and get the head off again, and with all the travel I have been doing makes it hard.

If someone had the block decked with the old sleeves... and I replaced the sleeves... seems like that could have gone unnoticed.

Hopefully I can tear it apart this weekend.

/ Coolant Leak 2210D #12  
Oh.....about torque wrenches & calibration. If you want a really good reliable and repeatable torque wrench, get the old inexpensive type with a long springy pointer that shows you on a scale how much the handle is bending. They are actually superior to the fancy high dollar "dial-up friction break-away types".
Amen bro.

I use HF's $9.95 click torque wrench. Because its Harbor Freight I verify it a couple of times per project against two beam-style torque wrenches. A Craftsman that I bought in 1960 for my first engine project, and an S-K that Dad bought at a yard sale several decades ago.

The three all test identical.

/ Coolant Leak 2210D
Update: I found the leak, when I pulled off the head, the block had no coolant. So I dropped the pan and filled the block with water, as soon as I turned the engine I saw water pool around the bottom of the sleeve and then noticed the whole sleeve moved slightly when the piston was moving. Pulled the piston and the sleeve, the upper o-ring was broken, must have pinched it putting it in, the lower seemed to also have a nice flat spot in it. I cleaned out the grooves again and ordered two new o-rings and a head gasket

/ Coolant Leak 2210D #14  
Update: I found the leak, when I pulled off the head, the block had no coolant. So I dropped the pan and filled the block with water, as soon as I turned the engine I saw water pool around the bottom of the sleeve and then noticed the whole sleeve moved slightly when the piston was moving. Pulled the piston and the sleeve, the upper o-ring was broken, must have pinched it putting it in, the lower seemed to also have a nice flat spot in it. I cleaned out the grooves again and ordered two new o-rings and a head gasket
🤫

we will not tell.