Coolant leak question TC33D

/ Coolant leak question TC33D #11  
Hi there everyone, I know this is an older thread however I'm hoping some of you gents are still here.
I just changed the valve with a new New Holland one. The one that was on my tractor looks different, it has a open close valve on it (as did the one I took off). I'm wondering if anyone else has seen one like I was sent?

My problem is that the new one is leaking from the threads. I talked to a buddy that used to be a New Holland mechanic and he told me it's a drain and I should close it unless draining... that doesn't seem right as it appears that this line feeds into the drain open close valve. I want to make sure that if i close it i'm not restricting the flow of coolant.

Open to any ideas anyone has. IMG_4464.jpgIMG_4462.JPG

/ Coolant leak question TC33D #12  
What did you come up with? I am getting ready to order and replace plug in my TC33D.

/ Coolant leak question TC33D #13  
Just starting to do some research (searching TBN and google) on replacing this fitting with a custom brass setup.
If anyone has any links, helpful info or ideas on piecing one of these together using BSPT threads, I’m all ears!

/ Coolant leak question TC33D #14  
What did you come up with? I am getting ready to order and replace plug in my TC33D.

Replaced the plug a few weeks ago and leak has stopped but still concerned. The plug was eat up pretty badly and the threads in the block were corroded and eat up. The new one didn't want to install and I couldn't even get the old one to screw back in. Spent quite a bit of time with a couple tools working on the threads and finally got the new one started but it only went a couple rounds before really, really tightening up.

/ Coolant leak question TC33D #15  
Replaced the plug a few weeks ago and leak has stopped but still concerned. The plug was eat up pretty badly and the threads in the block were corroded and eat up. The new one didn't want to install and I couldn't even get the old one to screw back in. Spent quite a bit of time with a couple tools working on the threads and finally got the new one started but it only went a couple rounds before really, really tightening up.

Did you just use the OEM replacement part or a custom setup?

/ Coolant leak question TC33D #16  
Did you just use the OEM replacement part or a custom setup?

OEM replacement. Problem was that not only had corrosion eaten away at the old part, it had eaten away at the threads in the block where the leak was.

/ Coolant leak question TC33D #17  
OEM replacement. Problem was that not only had corrosion eaten away at the old part, it had eaten away at the threads in the block where the leak was.

Gotcha
Yeah I’m guessing once I remove the old fitting I’ll find the threads in the block to be corroded as well.
Hopefully not, but we’ll see...

/ Coolant leak question TC33D #18  
Way back when my TC33D was near new I replaced the OEM zinc fitting and installed a brass unit I made. Zinc and iron don't get along very well.

/ Coolant leak question TC33D #19  
AF447F39-3B1B-4C23-8AF8-D0A0ABF7AD9C.jpeg
DAAB5B01-65C0-4CCE-840A-AFA306C607D9.jpeg

This is what I ended up using to replace mine, got it from the Amazonians
So far so good but I havent really used the tractor yet since the install
The stock setup leaked while just sitting in the garage and this one hasnt yet, time will tell

/ Coolant leak question TC33D #20  
bumping this thread hoping for an update as I also have this problem with my 2008 T1520. Thank-you,gentlemen,for all your knowledgeable input on this topic.