Cordless Snow blower recommendation?

/ Cordless Snow blower recommendation? #1  

Skringtan

Tractor
105-250 HP
Hello All
Would love to get a recommendation for a cordless snow blower for the upcoming winter.
Please let me know your experience with snowblowers.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

/ Cordless Snow blower recommendation? #2  
When you say "cordless", do you mean a BATTERY powered snowblower??

I've never seen one. Would not be interested in one.

I have gas and tractor-mounted snowblowers. That's my experience and they both work great!

/ Cordless Snow blower recommendation? #3  
When you say "cordless", do you mean a BATTERY powered snowblower??

I've never seen one. Would not be interested in one.

I have gas and tractor-mounted snowblowers. That's my experience and they both work great!
Gee, CORDLESS?
Battery weight alone would make that heavy and cumbersome not counting the effect cold weather has on storage batteries.
I've used corded electric units (more like a powered shovel) and they sure bog down in some types of snow.

OK, cordless lawn mowers I understand but can't see a cordless blower especially if it is self tracking. Also a cordless power shovel would get too heavy at the end of ones arms.

/ Cordless Snow blower recommendation? #4  
More than I thought available, do a google search

/ Cordless Snow blower recommendation? #5  
I would think that any snowfall that could be handled by a battery would almost be handled by a broom.
In other words, snow blowing "eats" horsepower FAST and unless you are into clearing the snow every few inches (and charging the batteries in between) and only ever have super fluffy cold "light" snowfalls, I'd be very skeptical.

/ Cordless Snow blower recommendation? #6  
Wow so may nay sayers here. I do not have one or any experience with one, but I would not hesitate to buy one if I were in need of a snow blower. Currently I have a 4 stroke that I use to clear the sidewalks and areas around the property that are concrete. Takes me about 20 minutes to do all that.

Looking on the google it seems there are many brand name battery powered units that get great reviews. They say they can clear a 12 car driveway of 9 inches of snow on one charge. I would expect that to be a bit over stated, but still would have decent performance.

/ Cordless Snow blower recommendation? #7  
I hate being negative especially with no experience with a battery snowblower, but I am very familiar with battery tools and even a e- bike. I liken the required power needed to say... a rototiller. Would anyone ever consider that? If he buys it at the "right place" and is able to return it slightly used, that's another thing. 👍
I wouldn't waste my time unless witnessing one in action- for 45 minutes or so.

/ Cordless Snow blower recommendation? #8  
I hate being negative especially with no experience with a battery snowblower, but I am very familiar with battery tools and even a e- bike. I liken the required power needed to say... a rototiller. Would anyone ever consider that? If he buys it at the "right place" and is able to return it slightly used, that's another thing. 👍
I wouldn't waste my time unless witnessing one in action- for 45 minutes or so.
...apparently some have considered cordless rototillers. Though the ones I'm seeing make me think more of the cultivating heads for split-shaft power heads rather than a walk-behind gas rototiller.

Depending on the snow amount & type I'd be curious as to how a cordless snow blower compares to using a leaf blower or a paddle-broom (on a split-shaft power head).

Though I'd also be wondering if some places get too cold for the battery to be usable (pretty sure some battery packs limit/prevent discharging the battery if the battery temperatures are outside a set temperature range).

/ Cordless Snow blower recommendation? #9  
I think some of this is a function of how much snow and how often. 24" and a 200 feet of driveway is different than 2" and 20 feet. Same deal as walk behind gas versus tractor.

I had an electric snow thrower years ago that I was given, 120V, it would handle the 2" of snow, basically a broom or shovel was faster.

I am interested as battery tools have come a long way. I remember when a cordless drill was good for drilling a couple small holes and a couple dozen screws, then recharge for 8 hours.

My cordless snow blower is diesel powered :)

Be neat to see what new tech does to things that normally needed a small gas engine.

/ Cordless Snow blower recommendation? #10  
I can't say that I would or would not buy one without seeing one in action, but if I wanted a walk behind blower I would definitely look into it. The reason is that none of my gas powered small engines seem to last long any more because of the crappy ethanol treated fuel I can't get away from.

Here's one that might be helpful