corn sifter screen

/ corn sifter screen #1  

forgeblast

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deer 318
   / corn sifter screen #2  
Looks like that would work pretty good. Just get some hardware cloth of a couple different sizes, and do a trial and error mock-up. One screen to sort out the largest pieces that you don't want in your fuel, and the other to let the smaller pieces fall through. Sounds like 1/2" cloth for the first one and 3/8" cloth for the second one (just a guess to start with).
Give a holler back to let us know how it works out. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ corn sifter screen #3  
A suggestion: For 39 bucks and shipping I would buy his to see how it works, make your own if you like, and sell his on eBay to get your initial 39 dollar investment back.

/ corn sifter screen #4  
I built another type similar to a unit called a "Pelleduster". I don't know what his "patentable trick" is, but I put a 1-1/2" 45 elbow inside the chute where the corn drops in ( sticking into the verticle pipe about 1") and it works great (assuming you have a shop vac around). I built an inlet section with some large screen to catch the big stuff. It really does get the corn separated from the junk ( both big and small).

/ corn sifter screen #5  
This is the first I've heard that one has to clean the corn before burning it. But it does stand to reason that the large pieces like corn cob and leaves as well as the fine dust and small pieces would mess up the smooth flow of fuel to the fire burn pot.
Guess I been thinking just any corn would do (same with the pellets as they may tend to break down and disintegrate over time what with relative humidity changes, handling, and all).

/ corn sifter screen
thanks for all the good suggestions, i think tommorrow im going to buy some hardware cloth.
the elbow trick sounds good there are many screeners out there that use them, i just wanted something to use if the power goes out.
guess its shop time now. later

/ corn sifter screen
thanks for all the good suggestions, i think tommorrow im going to buy some hardware cloth.
the elbow trick sounds good there are many screeners out there that use them, i just wanted something to use if the power goes out.
guess its shop time now. later

/ corn sifter screen #8  
   / corn sifter screen
Wow this is an old thread. We never went with the corn stove. The reason why was the talk of ethnol, pushing the price of corn through the roof. So as much as we wanted to do corn, we decided to stick with our wood stove.

/ corn sifter screen #10  
Great, Thanks.

Anyone else out there got anything on this?