Dirt Moving Corral Clean-up

/ Corral Clean-up #1  

Gregster613

Platinum Member
Southern Ca. halfway up a mountain in rural Ramona
Tractor
273 TYM. 2009 //Yardmachines 7 Speed Shift-on-the-goScotts L2048
Hi all. I already posted in todays seat time but other things happened that were TYM specific tho.
I had my first experience with that dreaded overheat due to grass on the radiator screen. Twice in two hours! Both times it took about 2 - 2 1/2 qts of water to refill radiator after cleaning out screen and radiator with air & water from the hose.
1st thing that gets dust covered is the guage cluster -- how are we supposed to watch the darn heat guage when can't see it? Ha! Guess I gotta start carrying a rag just to keep cluster wiped clean enough to see. I never worried about it before cause I've never had an overheat till now.

I've had this beast for 13 months and never had this problem happen. Either I stay away form grass that's hay-making high or figure out an alternative. It was the grass for sure that clogged the airflow, but the dust was thick in radiator also. Noticed much come out with the water flow from hose.
I just do not understand it. Tractors were the way of life on the dairy farm; we worked fields all day long with no overheat problems due to radiators getting plugged by grass, or dust!? Is this perhaps another TYM design flaw? Or do I just need to get with the program?
Not venting, just voicing an opinion.
Oh Yea, 73.6 hours and I got around to changing my front end 80W-90 oil. Just as I thought; old oil was just fine and no pieces of anything to be found. I know, Tom59, better safe than sorry! Boy, were those 3 drain plugs in there tight!
On that same subject, at the right side of front end there is another drain plug just above the right side bottom spindle drainplug. What would that be for??? Something to do with??? Brakes?? Alignment?? I was too tired/dirty to search further in the manual.

Thanks for listening
Greg

Attachments

• Corral Cleanup 001.jpg
    Corral Cleanup 001.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 195
  • Corral Cleanup 002.jpg
    Corral Cleanup 002.jpg
    454.6 KB · Views: 149
  • Corral Cleanup 003.jpg
    Corral Cleanup 003.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 188
  • Corral Cleanup 004.jpg
    Corral Cleanup 004.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 185
   / Corral Clean-up #3  
Hi all. I already posted in todays seat time but other things happened that were TYM specific tho.
I had my first experience with that dreaded overheat due to grass on the radiator screen. Twice in two hours! Both times it took about 2 - 2 1/2 qts of water to refill radiator after cleaning out screen and radiator with air & water from the hose.
1st thing that gets dust covered is the guage cluster -- how are we supposed to watch the darn heat guage when can't see it? Ha! Guess I gotta start carrying a rag just to keep cluster wiped clean enough to see. I never worried about it before cause I've never had an overheat till now.

I've had this beast for 13 months and never had this problem happen. Either I stay away form grass that's hay-making high or figure out an alternative. It was the grass for sure that clogged the airflow, but the dust was thick in radiator also. Noticed much come out with the water flow from hose.
I just do not understand it. Tractors were the way of life on the dairy farm; we worked fields all day long with no overheat problems due to radiators getting plugged by grass, or dust!? Is this perhaps another TYM design flaw? Or do I just need to get with the program?
Not venting, just voicing an opinion.
Oh Yea, 73.6 hours and I got around to changing my front end 80W-90 oil. Just as I thought; old oil was just fine and no pieces of anything to be found. I know, Tom59, better safe than sorry! Boy, were those 3 drain plugs in there tight!
On that same subject, at the right side of front end there is another drain plug just above the right side bottom spindle drainplug. What would that be for??? Something to do with??? Brakes?? Alignment?? I was too tired/dirty to search further in the manual.

Thanks for listening
Greg

We have TYM 330 HST and have the same problem. There is a screen sandwitched between the oil cooler and radiator that is a pain to remove due to FEL frame. I am considering to move the oil cooler about half inch away from the radiator and remove the screen. It will not prevent the radiator from plugging but it will make it easier to clean the blockage with air. I will test it this summer.