Covered My Tractor

/ Covered My Tractor #1  

AaronM

Tractor
Kubota M62, MX5800, F2690
I just installed a new HDPE canopy from CoverMyTractor.com and could not be happier. The difference in comfort that little shade makes is amazing! I installed the kit by myself in about an hour and everything fit perfectly. All of the brackets are very well made and nicely painted (or powerdercoated- I couldn't tell). Someone there takes a lot of time to ensure that every piece is packed so that it arrives in perfect condition. The kit included a free sunscreen for the rear that is a nice touch (I didn't get a picture of that). The canopy seems really nice and sturdy once bolted down and there is tons of adjustment so you can get it positioned right were you want it.

All around they did a great job and I highly recommend.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 364
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 321
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 306
   / Covered My Tractor
Yes, the last few days have been terrible. The Texas summer has finally arrived and no end in sight! I have been waiting to mow until the sun has almost set at night. No excuses now though :)

/ Covered My Tractor #4  
Looks nice..how much are they ?

/ Covered My Tractor
$440 + $100 shipping. Not a lot cheaper than Kubota's fiberglass canopy but the CMT version is a lot more flexible. Hopefully it will tolerate the occasional tree branch better. Time will tell.

/ Covered My Tractor #6  
$440 + $100 shipping. Not a lot cheaper than Kubota's fiberglass canopy but the CMT version is a lot more flexible. Hopefully it will tolerate the occasional tree branch better. Time will tell.

I got one of the 3 piece CoverMyTractor brand canopies and am very pleased with it. [The 3 piece is UPS/FedEx shippable. The others are not.] Took a while to install (I'm slow) but works great and I too was very surprised how much better all tasks seem to be "working in the shade." As for tolerating the occasional tree branch, I do a lot of bush hog pasture clipping where there are endless varieties of overhanging branches, vines, etc. To the point where I knew I could never use a cab model tractor for a large % of what I do. I confess I use the canopy to purposely scoot under smaller branches and overhang keeping them from slapping me in the face, scratching, etc. I am selective and do not barge into branches big enough to tear up the canopy but I have been pleasantly surprised what it will stand with no damage. It readily raises small branches up over the top. Do need to be selective.

/ Covered My Tractor #7  
Got mine when buying the tractor so it's a Kubota product and really like it in rain and hot sun.

Ricn

Attachments

• IMG_0463.JPG
    IMG_0463.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 177
   / Covered My Tractor #8  
I just installed a new HDPE canopy from CoverMyTractor.com and could not be happier. The difference in comfort that little shade makes is amazing! I installed the kit by myself in about an hour and everything fit perfectly. All of the brackets are very well made and nicely painted (or powerdercoated- I couldn't tell). Someone there takes a lot of time to ensure that every piece is packed so that it arrives in perfect condition. The kit included a free sunscreen for the rear that is a nice touch (I didn't get a picture of that). The canopy seems really nice and sturdy once bolted down and there is tons of adjustment so you can get it positioned right were you want it.

All around they did a great job and I highly recommend.
Wondering how the HDPE canopy from covermytractor.com is holding up? Have you snagged any tree limps yet? Is the color of the canopy holding up to the sun? Any info you can provide would be helpful.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Covered My Tractor
I'm a little late with my reply but the canopy is still holding up great. I have hit plenty of branches and, other than a few deep scratches on the top, the canopy still looks like new. The tractor stays parked inside a shipping container (mice are nasty little creatures) so it has not really seen a lot of sun other than when being used but I have not noticed any fading.

/ Covered My Tractor #10  
Have rotation molded plastic on my four post Kubota canopies. Had steel on older ones and was concerned about how the plastic would hold up. It’s fine and scraps thru brush and tree limbs.