COVID-19 DIY Build Time

/ COVID-19 DIY Build Time #1  

CADplans

Elite Member
Tractor
584 IH 4WD
Well,, if I can not go anywhere, NOW is a great time to do the projects I have materials for,, and have been procrastinating,,

I have LOTS of steel,, lots of welding rods,, so, rather than sit in the house bored, I am gonna go to the shed and build,,

Up first is a tool I needed all last summer,, a Rock Digging Bar,,
Last summer I used a narrow shovel, and several crow bars,, none of which worked well.

I have plenty of one inch steel bar, and a backhoe tooth,, this is the result,,

i89G8iz.jpg

Here is a closeup of the business end of the Rock Digger,,

Fpz311i.jpg

This will help with many types of digging,, the bar is heavy enough to really create a LOT of penetrating force,,
The foot rest will double as a great spot to act as a pivot point, when prying out a rock

I already have the next build started,, more on that when it progresses,,

So, let us know what you are building,
, to pass the COVID-19 idle time,,, :thumbsup:

/ COVID-19 DIY Build Time #2  
Replacing the painted pine trim on the office window with some butternut that I have been saving for years.

/ COVID-19 DIY Build Time #3  
I'm remodeling a bathroom. painting the trim while "working" from home today. have the concrete counter top ready to go, and all the parts. now to rip out the old stuff. paint, trim and install the new vanity, which is a cabinet we already had.

/ COVID-19 DIY Build Time #4  
I got a "beep beep" horn mounted on my tractor I've been meaning to do for months. Why don't tractors come with horns ?

/ COVID-19 DIY Build Time #5  
I"m afraid your rock bar will need a back plate or the bar will simply move in the ground and the tip will stay in the same place. :)

/ COVID-19 DIY Build Time
I"m afraid your rock bar will need a back plate or the bar will simply move in the ground and the tip will stay in the same place. :)

I am hoping that the foot rest will act as the "back plate",, that 11" long bar should be impossible to force into the ground, by hand,,,

/ COVID-19 DIY Build Time #7  
I am hoping that the foot rest will act as the "back plate",, that 11" long bar should be impossible to force into the ground, by hand,,,

Yep, foot rest is certainly needed. Here in the great State of Missouri the backbone of the bar will simply sink into the ground and the tip won't dislodge the rock. Other areas might have much better luck!!! :)

/ COVID-19 DIY Build Time #8  
Yep, foot rest is certainly needed. Here in the great State of Missouri the backbone of the bar will simply sink into the ground and the tip won't dislodge the rock. Other areas might have much better luck!!! :)

My family owned a tree farm so we just use a tree bar or a dibble bar.

Robot Check

/ COVID-19 DIY Build Time #9  
What free time?
Between several shopping trips for unavailable items, because my wife likes to wait till something is needed to pick it up.
Then the early bird specials at our Farmall dealer so a few trips up there for parts and fluids,
plus repairs and routine maintenance getting ready for spring.

/ COVID-19 DIY Build Time #10  
I got a "beep beep" horn mounted on my tractor I've been meaning to do for months. Why don't tractors come with horns ?

Been wanting to put one on my tractor. Would love an air horn with tank and compressor. Multitasker for sure. Just aint got the room on mine.