Cowboy boot care

/ Cowboy boot care #71  
I was wondering what y'all used to keep your cowboy boots from falling over? I was hanging mine but that is causing friction with my Bride who needs more closet space.
Anyone got anything that works good for keeping them from falling over while sitting?
David from jax
I don't know for sure, because I haven't tried, but I'd bet an ice cream bar that super glue or a pneumatic stapler would work while the boot is still being worn 😁🙃😉, might sting a bit more than a P-O'd hornet, but ...

Seriously though, why don't you make a "last" (a thingy you will put inside the boot that is the size of your foot/lower leg) out of an old sock & duct tape, tape over your sock with duct tape while you are wearing it, then cut it off your foot on one side. Tape it closed again after it's off, stuff it with newspaper. When you aren't wearing them put the "last" inside to keep it straight.

/ Cowboy boot care #73  
Be loyal to your own states economy. Being from Louisiana, I choose to wear alligator boots, though not as often as I did many years ago. I believe the OP should wear python boots and if his wife doesn't like them, he needs to retrain her.:);)

/ Cowboy boot care #74  
I was wondering what y'all used to keep your cowboy boots from falling over? I was hanging mine but that is causing friction with my Bride who needs more closet space.
Anyone got anything that works good for keeping them from falling over while sitting?
David from jax
Are your uppers leather? Just checked my closet. Seven pair all standing tall. Good luck

/ Cowboy boot care
Be loyal to your own states economy. Being from Louisiana, I choose to wear alligator boots, though not as often as I did many years ago. I believe the OP should wear python boots and if his wife doesn't like them, he needs to retrain her.:);)
SWMBO has been married too long to retrain!
I think Florida might have more Gators than Louisiana, mainly due to a certain College located in Gainesville...
David from jax

/ Cowboy boot care #76  
The 10 most alligator-infested states: Ranked

• 1. Louisiana (2 million) Louisiana has the most alligators out of any US state. ...
  • 2. Florida (1.3 million) Florida is home to plenty of alligators, especially in the Everglades. ...
  • 3. Texas (400-500,000) The largest American alligator on record was 19 feet, two inches! ...
  • 4. Georgia (200-250,000) ...
  • 5. South Carolina (100,000) ...
  • 6. Alabama (70,000) ...
  • 7. Mississippi (32-38,000) ...
  • 8. Arkansas (2,000-3,000) ...

/ Cowboy boot care
The 10 most alligator-infested states: Ranked

• 1. Louisiana (2 million) Louisiana has the most alligators out of any US state. ...
  • 2. Florida (1.3 million) Florida is home to plenty of alligators, especially in the Everglades. ...
  • 3. Texas (400-500,000) The largest American alligator on record was 19 feet, two inches! ...
  • 4. Georgia (200-250,000) ...
  • 5. South Carolina (100,000) ...
  • 6. Alabama (70,000) ...
  • 7. Mississippi (32-38,000) ...
  • 8. Arkansas (2,000-3,000) ...
Your information failed to include the college, team players and boosters of the University of Florida, who are self declared "Gators"!
If we were counting Tigers, Louisiana would have all the other states beat hands down!
David from jax

/ Cowboy boot care #78  
   / Cowboy boot care
20221227_224216.jpg
These seem to work for now. I reverse the direction of curl each time I replace them in boot.
David from jax

/ Cowboy boot care #80  
Lucchese was also bought out, or maybe a couple of times since the original owner. I suspect those suede boots in the previous picture with my highwater/capri pants were not made in Texas, as there is no markings of the country of origin inside the boot like the smooth leather pair I have. Lucchese has now started making them using their "global suppliers" as to where they get their materials, and I have no idea where they are assembled. Some of the extreme high dollars handmade pairs are still assembled in Texas, but I doubt all are.
My Tony Lama's are marked made in USA or made in Mexico, depending on the age of the pair you are looking at. My Nocoma's are marked made in USA but are late 70's vintage, long before Justin took over them.
Wide feet and high arches, I definitely understand! A pair of Tony Lama's in black bullhide are very comfortable, but it is all the Wife can do to pull them off of me when I am done wearing them like David Saroni, as the arch doesn't allow my foot to slide right out! I keep thinking that they will get easier as they age, but it is time for them to go get re-soled and they are still a pain to get off! I recently sprayed some Bickmore boot stretch in that area and it helps. Maybe more will help even more?
David from jax
Do you wear western cowboy boots on occasion? If so, assuming proper fit, how have they affected your running (if at all)?