COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #352  
Cowboy's are native to Texas, all others are cattleman.

HS
I think there are some Okies that might disagree with you; the Drummond Ranch, for instance, is close to half a million acres...and incidentally, the first cowboys were actually Indians from Mexico.

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #353  
DesertEagle71 and others don't know how far your from Elko , but when I buy one I like to buy the Vaquero / Basin Cowboy / Californio etc spade bits from JM Capriola . Its like golf or hunting with a recurve bow not everyone understands it . They tend to start out at 550 bucks and up .
Garcia Bits – J.M. Capriola . Collected them for years and like eight months ago someone sent me a buyer who whiped me out all in one shot . Done well when the smoke cleared .
Very familiar with Capriola's. Been in there several times and it is the ultimate cowboy outfitter place. Elko is 130 miles from my house - the first "big" town (population 25,000) east of here.

Elko is also the home of the National Cowboy Poetry gathering - my kind of music, my kind of people. Unfortunately, this covid crap has canceled the gathering last year and this year.

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #354  
DesertEagle71 or others questions please . Did you ever eat in Elko @ the Elko "Star Hotel " and try their traditional Basque dishes ? How about influence and presence of Basque culture still in your area ?

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #355  
DesertEagle71 or others questions please . Did you ever eat in Elko @ the Elko "Star Hotel " and try their traditional Basque dishes ? How about influence and presence of Basque culture still in your area ?
I have eaten at the Star - but I'm not a fan of Basque food. Much too rich, too "greasy" for lack of a better term, for me. And since I don't use alcohol I don't partake of the "picon punch" that is a favorite around here. But I am a HUGE fan of the Basque people!

As far as Basque culture, very big presence in northern Nevada/southern Idaho. There are Basque clubs in every northern Nevada town and whenever there is any kind of celebration the Basque dancers are a feature. The National Basque Festival is held in Elko every July, with participants coming not only from all over the United States but also from the traditional Basque homeland in France/Spain. Here's some shots I took some years ago:
2020-05-13-0001rtbn.jpg

2020-05-13-0002rtbn.jpg

2020-05-13-0003rtbn.jpg

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #356  
Interesting thanks for taking time out to post that ................

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #357  

/ COWBOY'S - Lets hear from you + Pictures #359  
LOVE everything Dave Stamey. But my personal preferences are "Mountains of the Heart", "Buckskin Horse", and mostly this one: "Campfire Waltz":

Really speaks to me. I spend a lot of time camping in the high country.