Crack Pipe Lighters

/ Crack Pipe Lighters #1  

Alan W.

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3650 & Bobcat 763G & Craftsman DGS6500
I have found the crack pipe lighters that are sold at the local gas stations, while I have not tried them for their intended putpose, are great for starting fires, heating heat shrink tubing etc. The problem I am having is when I refill them with the butane I have they quit. I called the phone number on the butane canister and was informed that the butane I had was not a good match for those lighters.
I thought butane was butane, but the rep informed me that unlike propane, butane has different formulations by manufacturer.
Anyone ever heard of this

/ Crack Pipe Lighters #3  
Yep! I use the liquor store crack lighters for my crack smoking all the time.

/ Crack Pipe Lighters
I just knew I shouldve posted this question in High Times instead😎

/ Crack Pipe Lighters #7  
Is the idea of the lighter to melt the crack in the pipe back together so it does not leak? I cannot see that working, but maybe if really, really hot.

/ Crack Pipe Lighters #8  
Is the idea of the lighter to melt the crack in the pipe back together so it does not leak? I cannot see that working, but maybe if really, really hot.
Yes, that is what he is talking about...... Not! :mur:

/ Crack Pipe Lighters #9  
I think you guys are missing the point - - now, where was that point, the last time I saw it??? OH - is that it out there in the field with the pallets???

/ Crack Pipe Lighters #10  
This

What is different between N butane and ISO butane?

As nouns the difference between isobutane and butane. is that isobutane is (organic compound) a hydrocarbon, a particular isomer of c4h10 found in natural gas while butane is (organic compound) a hydrocarbon (either of the two isomers of c4h10 n-butane, and 2-methyl-propane) found in gaseous petroleum fractions. isobutane. English. Noun.

is probably what he was referring to, which may or may not be germane to what you asked him.

Source:

wikidiff.com/isobutane/butane