Cracked Bell-Housing AFTER NH Tranny Fix

/ Cracked Bell-Housing AFTER NH Tranny Fix
Ah, so it was really all that chalk dust that did some of us in! I knew this MAAD (middle age attention deficit) came from some tracable source. Another excuse to use in my arsenal of erratic behavior!!
Steve

/ Cracked Bell-Housing AFTER NH Tranny Fix #12  
Steve,
Do you think we can file a lawsuit against the United States Education System for the damages we have suffered ?

I hope so, I 've always wanted to see what it would feel like to live off the dole and get somethin for nuthin -- been getting nuthin for somethin for far too long!!

On a more appropros thread note, the service dept mgr at the dealer called this afternoon. He had gotten a chance to crawl under the tractor and confirmed there was a crack. When I asked him "Whadiya think", all he said was that he was waiting to hear back from New Holland. Sounded kinda like he had either dealt with the problem before or it was something he wanted to run by them -- I got the impression that it was almost as if it wasn't a "unique" or unusual situation.
Maybe just my cynical side coming out but I would normally expect him or someone in his position to argue it to his advantage or want more info from me. Any thoughts on whether I'm just reading too much into this?

Spencer, any history of this type of problem that you are aware of? Any service bulletins?
After the steering, radiator bypass and tranny fixes of recent times, I am beginning to have to wonder!!

Thanks, Steve

/ Cracked Bell-Housing AFTER NH Tranny Fix #14  
I have seen nothing about this problem. We sell hundreds every year with no problems on class 3 boomer like that. We had 2 class 2 boomers crack but I got them fixed by New Holland. The customers where not exactly doing things they should have been doing with them. Once I got them fixed they finally admited what they had done.

/ Cracked Bell-Housing AFTER NH Tranny Fix #15  
I just checked the New Holland data base for you I found one mention of some cracked housings that I had not seen before. This problem is currently under investigation. Like I said earlier with all the tractors we sell I have not seen this problem I expect that it is rare and we will probably learn that it was a manufacturing problem with the housing once the engineers study the ones they have recieved back that are broken. The data I read did say that standard warranty applies so your dealer should get this handled for you.

/ Cracked Bell-Housing AFTER NH Tranny Fix #17  
One of them pulled the front end of the ground several feet into the air while winching a tree. He than released the winch cable and the tractor came crashing down to the ground. Which split the tractor into pieces. The other guy did a similiar thing with a 757c backhoe he hooked onto somthing that was not comming out easily. The force of pulling brought the front end into the air. When what he was digging I think he said it was a rock finally released his tractor came crashing down and split the housing. I do not know if he was using his stabilizers from the sound of it he might not have been.

/ Cracked Bell-Housing AFTER NH Tranny Fix #18  
<font color=blue>his tractor came crashing down and split the housing</font color=blue>

Oh, you mean I'm not supposed to do that? /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif No, I don't do that with the TC40D but have done it multiple times on the 9N years ago while pulling small trees. Somewhere around here are some old pics with the front wheels off te ground a couple feet. The only problem that seemed to slowly develop was a worn clutch. Did I just get lucky or did they make the housings that much stronger back then?

I suppose it's reassuring that NH is making ggod when they see that it is their problem through bad castings or simply because the tractor is under warranty.
I can certainly state that neither end of ther tractor has been off the ground much less coming back down! And again, the cracks are very subtle and very fresh - not any thing near a situation that could be desribed as "split the housing" much less anything near "split the tractor into pieces".

Will keep everyone posted, Steve

/ Cracked Bell-Housing AFTER NH Tranny Fix #20  
I think everything was built stronger back in those days.