Cracked subframe

/ Cracked subframe #1  

Pieters

Tractor
Kd4210se
Evidently this is a major problem with these units. U would think that they have a gusset plate modification done on the replacements!!

/ Cracked subframe #2  
What subframe? Loader or backhoe? Any pictures?

/ Cracked subframe #5  
Evidently this is a major problem with these units. U would think that they have a gusset plate modification done on the replacements!!
I don't think it's a major problem. Its just a few units a year that develope stress cracks. And most of the Kioti subframe problems in the past that we have seen, have been mainly caused by excessive and rough use by owners.

/ Cracked subframe #7  
Umm....this was the OP's first post after joining the forum, and then he disappeared....

/ Cracked subframe #8  
It happens on occasion, no matter the brand, and it's frustrating because we'd love more information and some photos.

If this is an issue, let's see it, let's get a feel for what you're using the machine for- anything will break when pushed far enough, but if it's a real issue, clue us in.

/ Cracked subframe #9  
I had the side frame crack on one of my M9's a few years back, got into a gopher hole loading big round bales so I unbolted it with the tractor sitting on blocks, took it off, ground it out (30 degree Vee on both sides of the steel) and spray arc (Globular Tranfer) welded it and took a angle grinder and smoothed it and then a flap wheel to get it level, painted it and replaced it. No issues after that. Cannot tell it even cracked. I secured it to the welding table with welding clamps so it would not heat deform, tacked it on both sides, root passed it and then 2 more passes with spray arc, on both sides 030 solid wire at 230 amps with 75-25 shielding gas.

I'm not photogenic but sometime I'll post up some of the stuff I've fixed for customers, you'd be amazed.