Backhoe Cracked Transmission case between bolts attaching backhoe

/ Cracked Transmission case between bolts attaching backhoe #111  
I think you just have to slow down using a box blade, use low range and its not a momentum tool... If you can't push it from a crawl then getting a "run at it" is going to be tough on something!
That casting break looks a little funny at the top as well, like there was a flaw up there?
There are 3 dark spots on that break that would tell me that they ate old cracks. Then I noticed what appears to be an even larger crack down the right side behind where this piece came off.

/ Cracked Transmission case between bolts attaching backhoe #112  
There are 3 dark spots on that break that would tell me that they ate old cracks. Then I noticed what appears to be an even larger crack down the right side behind where this piece came off.
The crack on the right is indeed a crack. I'm certain it wasn't there before. At least not prior to the past couple days. I noticed it when the Break happened.

I think the dark spots you are seeing is hydraulic oil?

/ Cracked Transmission case between bolts attaching backhoe #113  
I bought a new Kioti NX4510 last fall. In April of this year I began to experience a hydraulic leak in the rear of the tractor. In July, after the leak had become much worse, the leak was traced to a crack in the transmission case between two bolts that attach the backhoe mount to the tractor. This fall, Sept. 7, I experienced another major hydraulic leak coming from the back of the tractor. This time it was traced to a crack between two bolts holding the backhoe mount on the other side of the transmission case. Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem? Solution?

Alas, the local dealer cannot even order parts for a "high cost" warranty claim until he has factory approval via a "HIgh Cost Repair Code" (HCRC). Kioti's Customer Service Administrator (CSA) has told me that is Kioti's policy and that it is not subject to review or discussion. The CSA said that if anyone proceeded with work without an HCRC, they would be responsible for the full cost of the work regardless of any warranty claim. My dealer, bless his heart, has taken it upon himself to order the part because Kioti has yet (today is November 1) to approve an HCRC. Has anyone else bumped into this sort of red tape and delay from Kioti?

Last, should it be possible to damage the transmission case via operation of the backhoe? Is it a common practice to mount backhoes to a tractor's transmission case rather than to the tractor's frame? Am I wrong in thinking that as long as no damage is done to the backhoe itself, there should be no damage to the tractor to which it is mounted? Or, expressed differently, how could backhoe operations, operations done within the operating constraints of the backhoe itself, cause damage to the tractor to which it is mounted?

Thank you all for your thoughts.
Is it possible to see this break or setup from anyone with a Kioti NX4510???

/ Cracked Transmission case between bolts attaching backhoe #114  
The crack on the right is indeed a crack. I'm certain it wasn't there before. At least not prior to the past couple days. I noticed it when the Break happened.

I think the dark spots you are seeing is hydraulic oil?
I would wash those spots off to see if they change color. If they don't change color then they would be old cracks. I've seen this happen before on cast iron machine parts.

/ Cracked Transmission case between bolts attaching backhoe #116  

In case anyone is interested. Insurance company is making good on it. This is my own non kioti, non home owner policy.
Good thing you had that insurance policy. Did Kioti turn down your repair?

/ Cracked Transmission case between bolts attaching backhoe #117  
Sure looks like a Kubota (not Kioti) CUT to me. Smaller tractors equal lighter cases equal more failures when abused.

/ Cracked Transmission case between bolts attaching backhoe #118  
Sure looks like a Kubota (not Kioti) CUT to me. Smaller tractors equal lighter cases equal more failures when abused.
Nope Kioti NX4510 just like mine.

Last edited:
   / Cracked Transmission case between bolts attaching backhoe #119  
Its a Kioti 4510. I lifted the fenders.

Cant argue it's case is light

/ Cracked Transmission case between bolts attaching backhoe #120  
Kioti is doing the repair. Break happened a couple years after warranty and financing